Tone Hammer Di / Mesa Di into a powered speaker?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by manchild, Jul 24, 2018.

1. manchild

manchild

Jan 30, 2008
    Would putting these pedals into a power amp and speaker create the same or similar sound of their equivalent amps (TH350 & D-800)

Or do these amps sound the way they do, because of their power amp sections?

2. I run a THDI into a powered wedge and really like the results.

manchild likes this.
  3. manchild

manchild

Jan 30, 2008
    I was thinking of doing this, as in the UK you cant seem to get either amps for less than £500 :/

4. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    @agedhorse can help you with the Mesa question. (He designed them after all.)

5. SaucyJackBass

SaucyJackBass

May 6, 2009
    I have a powered bag-end on the way and I plan on going Tone Hammer into it. I'll let you know when it arrives.

manchild likes this.
  6. manchild

manchild

Jan 30, 2008
    Bump

7. manchild

manchild

Jan 30, 2008
    Hmm, I wonder how onion rings got their name...

8. Pickebass

Pickebass Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2004
    San Antonio, TX
    Yes. I’ve tried both through a bergantino IP112. The Aguilar was an upgraded TH500. The way the Mesa designed, it is really more useful than your would think. Smart design of the Mesa pedals gives you some options you didn’t think you were looking for.

Having owned both amps, I think the pedals with the right power section can be greater than the amps

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 26, 2021