1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Tone knob and noise from Ampeg B2RE

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Illway, Aug 1, 2017.

1. Illway

Illway

Mar 3, 2017
    Hi folks,

I've got a Fender Aerodyne and an Ampeg B2RE. With the tone knob at anything other than 0, I get noise from my head and associated cabinet (a 4x10 Genz Benz). This noise is not present when I plug my amp into an audio interface or a 15W combo speaker.

How can I troubleshoot my head to figure out what the issue is? Is this the case of a bad ground?

Thanks

2. Killed_by_Death

Killed_by_Death Snaggletooth Inactive

Try standing/sitting farther from the amp.
    Try turning your bass to different orientations with respect to North/South & East/West.

Here at home, If I point my instrument to the South or North, I get no interference, but as I rotate it towards the East or West, the interference gradually gets louder.

3. BasturdBlaster

BasturdBlaster

Feb 19, 2012
    Crandon WI
    fx loop dirty?

4. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    If not the amp or bass, must be the cab. Blown tweeter?

5. Ed Byrnes

Ed Byrnes Supporting Member

Feb 13, 2015
    I had this issue with my Fender Tele bass. It happened with all my amps so I knew it was the guitar. You say it doesn't happen when you plug your amp into an audio interface...etc, did you mean "guitar"? I thought my guitar needed new pots, but the tech replaced the input jack and it solved the problem.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 24, 2021