1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Tone Knob Fell Off My Bass

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Twilightruler, Apr 25, 2009.

1. Twilightruler

Twilightruler

Apr 25, 2009
    Ok so I was playing my Laguna LB224 and it seemed like the tone knob was really loose as I was fiddling with it. I usually dont touch it so I dont know how it happened, but it ended up falling off. I've seen other forums say just tighten the screw however...there is no screw on these particular knobs. Its a metallic looking knob with a rounded off top that just has a small black circle on the side where I think the screw would have gone on a normal knob. I know a screw hasnt fallen out too because the volume knob works fine and it looks the exact same. I cant even stand up to play anymore because it keeps falling off. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Mr.Bassie720

Mr.Bassie720 Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Washington DC,Silver Spring,MD
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses
    COULD IT BE AN ALLEN WRENCH TYPE SCREW?

3. YUP, it's called a set screw. recessed allen head, small, possibly same size as screws on saddle height adjustment, but possibly even smaller.

4. Twilightruler

Twilightruler

Apr 25, 2009
    Yeah thanks guys, as you posted that my dad had a look at it and told me it was an allen wrench I needed. Already fixed, thanks very much.

5. AHHH another satisfied customer.

6. Delta_Petra

Delta_Petra

Feb 26, 2008
    Portland, OR
    Is there something wrong with the Laguna knobs? Every Guitar Center I step into has a Laguna or two missing knobs.

7. No, that's just typical GUITAR CENTER (I hate that place)

8. rockerjeff

rockerjeff

Apr 25, 2009
    Cupertino
    General Manager, Halo Custom Guitars, Inc.
    I run a retail guitar shop and the knobs we use are relatively hard to take off. However, there are always missing knobs due to theft every month or so. It's not limited to Guitar Center or Laguna Guitars... I'm not trying to promote GC or Laguna either... in fact, they are my competitors.

9. WELL there it is . The problem with G.C. is that they cater to knob stealing gui****s.

10. The same thing has happened to my music man stingray 4 but i have now miss placed the knob! Anyone know where I can get a replacement from?

11. McSpunckle

McSpunckle

Feb 15, 2008
    OR COULD IT BE A TINY SLOTTED SCREW?!

BILLY MAYS HERE WITH SET SCREWS-- THE BEST WAY TO KEEP YOUR KNOBS FIRMLY ATTACHED TO YOUR GUITAR NO MATTER THE SHAFT ON YOUR POT.

... sorry.