Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tone Nirvana: P-Bass and B15

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by crud19, Apr 15, 2002.

1. crud19

crud19

Sep 26, 2001
    Missouri
    Anybody ever get the chance to hear this combo? Set everything flat on the amp, plug in an old P-Bass... ahhhhhh, that's the stuff. It's definitely not hi-fi, but man is it heavenly.

2. AMJBASS

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    I used to play an American Precision with '67 Fender Pickups through a '69 B15N. The most pure warm tone I have ever experienced, that is, when you play by yourself! Sold the amp and the bass, but I still have the pickups!

3. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    i had a 1976 B-15N as my first decent amp (right after my T-power bass 30 and my peavey TKO) and running my musicman sterling into it it sounded damn nice. running my old thumb thru it didn't sound quite as nice, because it's two totally different types of sounds. i ran it with another peavey + horn PA cab and it was pretty loud, but it was SOOO heavy. i would normally remove the head portion and just use the peavey cab because the ampeg cab was ridiculous.

sounded great, and i want to own another one someday (richard davis has one in his office he never uses, i'm gonna try to weasel him out of it before the end of the year ;) ), but it just isn't the type of tone i'm looking for as a main amp.