Tone opinions

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Wal Wisher, May 31, 2005.

1. Wal Wisher

Wal Wisher

May 31, 2005
    Hey, everyone, this is my first post. I was just wondering what you thought of this setup. I have a Traben Chaos 4-string-it's pretty flashy but I think it sounds great. I have my bass on about 3, and my mid and treble peaked. I use a pick and I attack the strings pretty viciously. My amp is a Carvin PB200-15, and I have my bass on that at around 6 1/2, and my mid and treble flat. I use a DigiTech BP200 and have it on the bright setting. This is just for my regular tone. I think I have somewhere between Justin Chancellor's tone on Lateralus, and Paul D'Amour's tone on Undertow. Does that seem like an appropriate setup for the sound of these two players? I also slap, and tap quite a bit, and I think the bright tone catches the attack of that stuff really well. Any thoughts?
  2. dadodetres

Dec 19, 2004
    remember you can CUT form your eq, and not only BOOST
  3. Wal Wisher

Wal Wisher

May 31, 2005
    yes, I do know that. I actually used to have a setup more like that when I was still experimenting a lot with my tone. But I found my current setup to be a little more like what I was looking for. But thanks for the advice, I do know that some people don't realize stuff like that, like for instance, the guitarist in my band...
  4. It sounds beautiful. I keep my highs maxed, my mids are always boosted, and I move my bass back and forth over the cut/boost line. My fretless sounds wonderful. I use my fingers, since a pick makes a nasty snap sound on my fretless. I'd pick more if I had a fretted.
  5. Wal Wisher

Wal Wisher

May 31, 2005
    what kind of music do you play?