1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

tone samples for high-end basses?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by hgregs, Apr 29, 2010.

1. hgregs

hgregs

Sep 25, 2008
    ct/ny border
    why don't bass stores record a quick sample of the basses they sell (at least the expensive ones)? i live in a fairly populated area, but there is noplace to test-drive any of the basses i GAS for (and thus i'm always shopping online). i am always looking on line at the great pictures, sometimes asking for a price... but always wondering, what does it really sound like? i don't understand why they don't put up samples of their basses for us to hear right online, next to the pretty pictures. i always thought http://www.basstasters.com/ had a great thing going. i would be able to buy with confidence, and would have to think the stores would increase their turnover. just sayin'.

2. tdub0199

tdub0199

Mar 4, 2010
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Different basses sound totally different through different amps and plus most peoples computer speakers would not do them any justice....IMO I don't think you would end up getting what you thought you would....