1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Tone Tubby Super Boy 10's

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by 65Bassman, Aug 16, 2007.

1. 65Bassman

65Bassman

Aug 10, 2007
    Mississippi
    These 8 ohm super boys are hemp cone and bad to the bone. I never pushed them hard at all, but the hemp cones are well known to handle ANYTHING thrown at them and still produce that killer tone that A Brown Soun is famous for. I have them loaded in an Ampeg pro cab and they sound killer. These speakers are the best out there...period. I am only selling them because they are heavy in that Ampeg cab and I want to give 12's a try.

Check out Tone Tubby here....

http://www.tonetubby.com/

Specifically the super boys can be checked out here...

http://www.tonetubby.com/samplebass10.htm

These 4 10" speakers are only a year old and just now broke in. They will be packed in bubble wrap in the orginal Tone Tubby boxes they came in and carefully shipped. Retail for these bad boys starts at $125 a piece. Steal these for $75 per speaker shipped to your door in the lower 48. Pics will be added soon. The are in perfect A+ condition. You won't be dissapointed in these 10's. Guaranteed.

2. 65Bassman

65Bassman

Aug 10, 2007
    Mississippi
    I will split these up in pairs if anybody is interested in a 210 configuration.

3. Reefer

Reefer Guest

Mar 9, 2003
    Hemp cone!! :D :D :D

4. spindizzy

spindizzy

Apr 12, 2004
    Michigan
    Just for clarification sake. There are four of these and you are looking for about $50 a piece. Is this correct? Also is your price with or without shipping?

Not sure I have use for them (if I did it would only be a pair) but I thought if I was confused perhaps someone else who may be interested is confused too. ;)

Spin

5. 65Bassman

65Bassman

Aug 10, 2007
    Mississippi

Yes there are four of them. Sorry for the confusion. I would only sell as a set of 4 or 2 at $75 per speaker shipped.

Basically:

4 = $300 shipped

2= $150 shipped

6. 65Bassman

65Bassman

Aug 10, 2007
    Mississippi
    Indestructible.... they can handle any wattage and volume and still lower the boom without breaking up.

7. 65Bassman

65Bassman

Aug 10, 2007
    Mississippi
    Bump for any trade possibilities?

8. 65Bassman

65Bassman

Aug 10, 2007
    Mississippi
    Bump before Ebay. Looking for a Jazz Bass. No Squires. Cash up or down. Thanks.

9. EduardoK

EduardoK

Jun 28, 2004
    I checked at their website but could not find it. What's
    their frequency response ?

10. 65Bassman

65Bassman

Aug 10, 2007
    Mississippi
    http://www.tonetubby.com/specs10b8.htm

Don't be afraid to call the guys at A Brown Soun with any questions. They are very cool and easy to get in touch with. You can reach them here with any questions... 415-479-2124.

11. 65Bassman

65Bassman

Aug 10, 2007
    Mississippi
    Bump for a price drop. $75 per speaker.

12. 65Bassman

65Bassman

Aug 10, 2007
    Mississippi
    Last bump before Ebay.

13. 65Bassman

65Bassman

Aug 10, 2007
    Mississippi
    SOLD

14. Bass Boy

Bass Boy Supporting Member

This is too funny!

15. BrOwNsOuNd

BrOwNsOuNd

Nov 9, 2006
    tubbs are freakin sick. Have you tried the 15s yet, theyr gut wrenching

16. bassbrock

bassbrock

Feb 20, 2007
    Callahan, FL
    Someone needs to build an Acme/Accugroove style cab around the Tone Tubbys.

17. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    Hard to say if you even *could* build such a beast. You certainly couldn't with the 10s only, and there are no specs for the 15s on the website.