1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Tonepump retro fit help!

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Ogden, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Ogden

Ogden

Apr 4, 2000
    I've got a Spector Euro LX which I love, and have nearly finished a fretless musicman (copy) project.

I want to use a tonepump in the fretless so that it's more balanced when changing instruments live. Have mocked it up by twisting the wires together and now I'm getting output but the tone and volume pots don't have any effect - does this ring any bells with anyone as to what I've done wrong?

I'll post a picture up when I get home.

Cheers!

2. dean owens

dean owens

Sep 23, 2008
    pittsboro, nc
    see post 77 of this thread to see a hookup diagram. and you can look at the first post to see his tonepump installed. and yeah, when you get home, pics will help. it's always something simple.

3. Ogden

Ogden

Apr 4, 2000
    Funnily enough I asked Spector for a diagram and they sent me that one! Helped me spot the problem right away, I'd connected the pickup to the battery clip but my pickup only has two connections (unlike the EMGs), once I'd moved it from the battery clip to the volume pot it was fine, all soldered up now!

Just need to enlarge the body cavity a bit and she's done!