Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

*ToNeS* Learns To Tap, Day #957

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by *ToNeS*, Apr 15, 2002.

1. *ToNeS*

*ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    okay, whilst i have a bit of wankery on show over in Miscellaneous, i'm suddenly in the mood to embarass myself. recently i've been getting well and truly stuck into the difficult art of tapping, and well, it hasn't exactly been going too smoothly :D

Tobes Has Trouble With It

INSTRUCTIONS
    right click > copy shortcut > paste in the browser's address window

don't laugh too hard :p

2. hahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahha

I like when you yell... aussie accent there aye?

haha and when you grunt and give up... you sound like me! only i have a canadian accent, eh.

:D

3. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    you are one crazy soloist

:D

4. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    that is funny man. It don't sound to bad. Except when you mess up and start screaming.. i like it though

"is every one happy? yeas?" lol

5. "Ag, this is soooooo hard!"
    Hehe, I cracked up, "mate"! ;)
    Not bad.

6. *ToNeS*

*ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    i'm glad you're all enjoying my awkward forays into bass solo'ism :D gah. i don't sound too much like some aussie yobbo, do i ...?

7. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    No different to me!! Man, im not too sure if i wanna meet you now!!:eek: Nah I might come to your next gig, if you DONT do that. :p :D

Good "solo" aswell. :D:D

8. *ToNeS*

*ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    my lines with O.D.R are a bit more laid-back than all that stuffing around - sorry kirbs mate, i won't be able to wank for you :p
    unless we decide to play Ben Harper's "Steal My Kisses" (and why not? we do almost every week). bit of a jolly bass solo in that one. Juan Nelson is the MAN! fat guy, fat sound.

9. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    Tones cover ben harpers "steal my kisses" and I'll fly down and see you ;). Just kidding. I dig that song, it always seems to drive the ladies wild for some reason. The bass player for ben harper is pretty good. I dig his solos, not blazing fast runs but they are intelligent and tastefull. do you know what kind of bass he plays?

10. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    What in the hell...;) :D

11. *ToNeS*

*ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    of course our version isn't nearly as powerful as Harper's original, but you're right about the ladies getting into it ;) if you dig Juan Nelson's playing, i strongly urge you to download the live version of "Fight For Your Mind" - i believe the bass solo in that song goes for about 3 minutes :eek:
    to my knowledge he plays a 5-string MTD, but i'm not clear on the exact model. most likely one of the upper-range ones - anyone know?

12. PICK

PICK

Jan 27, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    He plays an MTD-535's.
    Main bass:
    Swamp ash body with flame maple top
    Maple neck
    wenge finger board
    Back-up:
    Ash body with tiger Myrtle top
    Maple neck
    maple board
    Fretless:
    avadore body
    wenge neck

13. *ToNeS*

*ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    there ya go, Idiezdude - couldn't ask for more than that! :D

14. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Are you double thumping in that or just finger plucking really hard?
    at first it sounded like MAD double thump style but I just listened again and I'm not sure.

15. *ToNeS*

*ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    i wish, dude! my double-thumb technique is so messy i wouldn't have the balls to put it on show to an entire site full of bassists :eek: nup. just your standard Stanley Clarke-emulation snapping up on the neck, and i was kinda surprised it came out half-decent - usually that kind of thing sounds terribly percussive (to a fault, no notes come out properly) and 'woody' due to my bass's thru-neck. probably the only reason i miss my Squier :D