1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Tones on Robert Plant's Mighy Rearranger?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by ben_allison, Apr 6, 2006.

1. ben_allison

ben_allison

Jan 15, 2006
    There's a great defenition to the bass...a real cut to it. A sonorous punch that I'm intrigued by.

Any ideas on the rig/signal path?

2. ben_allison

ben_allison

Jan 15, 2006
    bump

3. ben_allison

ben_allison

Jan 15, 2006
    No one, eh?

4. ben_allison

ben_allison

Jan 15, 2006
    *cough* bump *cough*

5. DaveBeny

DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    The Strange Sensation's bassist, Billy Fuller, uses a sunburst Fender Precision and a double-bass. Live, he uses an Ampeg head with a couple of Ampeg cabs (4x10" size).

'The Mighty Rearranger' is a really strong album and I'm surprised that more people on TalkBass haven't mentioned it. I love the song 'Freedom Fries' - a classic Zep-style riff with a Middle Eastern twist. :cool: I've got a couple of live radio broadcasts from last year and the band are seriously tight live.

6. I was very curious about this album when it came out, but I haven't heard anything from it except that single he released that got some radio play...I'm gonna have to look into it, I really liked that one song.

7. ben_allison

ben_allison

Jan 15, 2006
    The album is fantastic. It takes the best of Zeppelin and ads some nice contemporary touches. Really surprising.

And I figured it was a P through an SVT. But then again, what isn't ;)

8. The Lurker

The Lurker

Aug 16, 2002
    Ankh-Morpork
    I like this album a lot, actually. Lots of good music on it, and most definitely NOT the usual leftover-lead-singer stuff......

9. yes, the album is great. i was real impressed. top notch playing all around. i'm a zeppelin freak but didn't have any robert plant releases. i heard a lot about this one before it came out so i took a chance. i wasn't disappointed. he put on a great show too. his voice sounds incredible. this was sort of surprising to me being that i thought his voice during the page/plant phase was not that great.