1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

ToneWood Amp

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Steely, Sep 27, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Steely

Steely

Mar 14, 2006
    Has anyone tried the Tonewood amp on an acoustic bass?
    I searched the archives and couldn't find any threads on it.

There are plenty of videos online and if you search Tonewood amp
    "bass" you'll get a few hits of these amps installed on acoustic basses. I have a Takemine
    acoustic bass. I play in a group that at times can have several guitars (6-8). I can't be heard
    unless I'm amplified. Once in awhile we have gigs where there is no power available. Does
    anybody know if this gadget increases the volume? Anybody have any experience with this amp on a bass?

Look forward to hearing from you.
    Jim

The website is here: ToneWoodAmp - Experience The Acoustic Guitar!
    Videos here: Video Channel - ToneWoodAmp

Bass videos with Tonewood Amp

The website describes the product as:
    The ToneWoodAmp is a revolutionary device that produces effects from an acoustic guitar without
    plugging into an amp! The effects emanate from the guitar’s sound hole and body.
    Similar to the way the strings excite the guitar’s top, the ToneWoodAmp vibrates the back of the
    guitar, producing sound waves that emulate effects, such as reverb, echo, delay, tremolo, and even
    overdrive. The effects can be edited, saved, and recalled, and each effect has its own gain and volume
    to blend naturally with the acoustic sound of the guitar.

2. Sav'nBass

Sav'nBass

Jan 18, 2009
    Virginia Beach
    The guitarist at my church has one of these.. I was thinking of bringing in my Breedlove to see how it sounded at our next rehearsal.. It is interesting.. Idon't know how it would do on the low end though...

3. Steely

Steely

Mar 14, 2006
    Thanks Sav'nBass...
    I was searching through the Tonewood forum and found this posted 2 months ago:
    We will be designing other TWA units geared more towards other instruments. We're planning a smaller unit for Mandos and Ukes and a larger unit for Cello and Upright Bass.

It is very interesting. Ill keep my eye on it and let you all know if I get a chance to try it out on my bass.

4. lz4005

lz4005

Oct 22, 2013
    A buddy of mine has done demos for them at trade shows.
    It can't increase acoustic volume much without causing feedback, since it's literally attached to the instrument.

Steely likes this.