Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tonewood or a new amp?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by teej, Dec 29, 2005.

1. teej

teej

Aug 19, 2004
    Sheffield, AL 35660
    First, let me state that I build basses.

I sold my one-and-only amp with the intent of using the $$$ to get a new one (either a Kustom 1200HD or GK 1001RB-II). But now that I think about it, I'm not in a band or anything, so I really don't need an amp. If something ever came up where I needed one ASAP, I've got a 500w Kenwood stereo reciever that I works as an amp just fine. I've also thought about using the amp money to buy materials for my next bass. The thing is, I found a pretty good deal on a used 1001 that I don't want to pass up, and if I ever joined or started a band, I'd have one nice amp...

Oh yeah, I'm also saving for a car. Some bozo ran a stoplight and nailed me right in the side, totalling my car.

So it's wood, amp, or car.

2. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    You *may* need the car to lug either the amp or the bass...just to let ya know.

And insurance is your friend.

I'd almost say tonewood, but are you happy with what you've got now? (stupid question)

3. teej

teej

Aug 19, 2004
    Sheffield, AL 35660
    I would say that I'm content, but would like more. I haven't built a bass in about 7 months, so I'd kinda like to go that route, and hopefully get my name and skill out there. Until then, I think I can manage with the stereo reciever and my grandmother's car.

So confused... :smug: