Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Toneworks AX1500G

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by SystemofatooL, May 10, 2002.

1. SystemofatooL

SystemofatooL

Dec 15, 2001
    Sydney
    Im thinking of getting a pedal for my guitar soon, and i figured theres probably a few people here who play guitar aswell as bass.
    At first I wasnt thinking of getting a multi-effects for various reasons, but i saw this one, its looks pretty user friendly, good features, and so i d/led a few mp3's from the Korg site.
    Has anyone here used one or does anyone here know how much they are rrp? (especially in Aus, things here tend to cost more)

2. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    I've got a ax1000g that I use on my bass even though it's meant for guitar. Great unit even though it's a multi fx box. It has a few weak effects such as the compressor and the octave but it depends what sound your going for I was looking for a really squashed 60's sound with the compressor but it's probably fine for subtle effects the octave does not track well on bass and tends to distort when low notes are played but once again on guitar it should work fine unless you tune down below d.

The unit is so simple to use the presets are actually quite useful well some of them at least.

I'd say look for the ax1000g instead of the ax1500g because the 1000 will be much cheaper and they have the same effects the only difference to me seems the 1500 has better build quality on the buttons (Not really important you'd have to jump on the 1000g to break it.) and a couple more banks for settings don't know if this is important to you but 40 seems enough for me.