Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Toneworks PX-4B

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by rickbass, May 10, 2002.

1. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Has anyone checked out the Korg Toneworks Pandora PX-4B???

If so, what's the big whoop??? (It sure looks bigger than my PX-3B).

2. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    FYI, there's another thread cookin' on this thing...

3. rickbass

Thanks, Heavy, I checked it out in "Effects" (I put this in "Misc." because it's meant to be a practice unit and the effects aren't designed for stage performance).

All I saw is what ebozz took from the ad copy about the thing. But my question is directed at people who have actually tried using it to see how it actually performs, not what Korg Marketing says it does.

4. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    Rick,

It hasn't been released yet. I think it's supposed to be in stores toward the latter part of this month. I just posted that information so that you could see what it has available. If you already have the PX3B, then you might possibly be able to see some differences in the features of the two units. I've got the PX3B and I won't be rushing out to buy the new version anytime soon. As for the effects not being stage useful, I would beg to differ. The effects are pretty good to me but the unit is not the easiest thing to use on the fly IMO.

5. rickbass

6. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    Hey Rick,

I've never dealt with Elderly so I don't have any experience with how they do business. If they are the kind of company that you described, I will have to consider them in the future when I have a need for something. Thanks! :) As far as I knew all of the dealer's that I am aware of were only taking orders on the PX4B. Most of the ones that I checked with stated that it would be available later this month.

Hey look, the Korg's effects don't sound as good as some of the better pedals for sure but they do sound better that a lot of the others that are available! Now that's just my opinion and it could very well be due to something that's specific to my rig. I'm not a real big fan of the ones that sounds like a spaceship, LOL! Some of the basic ones are decent to me though. The Auto-wah and octave divider immediately stand out as good examples to me.

Obviously, there is a chance that we may have different tastes in gear. What's sounds acceptable to me may not live up to your standards. I guess we just have a difference of opinions regarding the value of the effects. That's cool though. ;)