1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Tonight my band told me turn it all on

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by kevteop, Oct 15, 2010.

1. kevteop

kevteop

Feb 12, 2008
    York, UK
    SRSLY!

Looking for an ending for a tune, as a joke I gave them a mixed OC-2 suboctave with a gated fuzz from my O.S., followed by a chorus, vibrato and LPF from my M9 and topped off with my Bugcrusher, and they went crazy for it!

This is a rocksteady/punk band with unspoken hip-hop leanings, but I gave them a full-on dubstep bass sound and they went for it. I said "No this is silly" and they said "No this is awesome".

My band = the win.

2. strke-fender

strke-fender

Feb 26, 2009
    "Hello Cleveland!!!"

3. Wasted Bassist

Wasted Bassist

Nov 11, 2008
    Fargo, ND
    You have the band that everyone on the effects forum dreams of.

4. Clips!

5. NateS

NateS

Sep 22, 2009
    Richmond, VA, USA
    +1

i used to cascade my pedals to make my bandmates shut up at the end of jams!

6. TheMutt

TheMutt Guest

Apr 28, 2007
    You sir are a lucky man. I have to fight tooth and nail to even use one pedal at times...

7. The guitarist for my band always wants me to use more dirt. It's nice just having one gui**** in the band, leaves a lot more room for me to push buttons and turn knobs.

8. Ha. My one band is like "the more the merrier" and my other band likes all out insanity at certain times.

I suppose I am lucky?

9. Dude, you have the band I dream about :)

10. pharaohamps

pharaohamps Commercial User

May 30, 2006
    Garner, NC
    Owner, Disaster Area Designs / Alexander Pedals
    My guitarist also likes to hear distorted bass - in my quest for the ultimate distortion sound I have now moved to two tube amps, three cabs, and finally some pedals :)

11. kevteop

kevteop

Feb 12, 2008
    York, UK
    Off topic (in my own thread, shameful) but I saw a jazz trio last weekend and when the drummer got tired of trying to wrap up the last tune of the night he started reaching into his stick bag, pulling out sticks and brushes and whatever else he found in there and just dropping them on his cymbals and toms. :)

12. I also love having only one guitarist. Sometimes the fuzz gets lost in the mix, but its nice for intros and solos! :bassist::bassist:

13. It also helps that in both of my bands there is no guitarist.

14. Nice man!!!! I also love my band. They are always telling me I need to buy more pedals. haha

15. You know I get some grief for using effects or so many pedals but if I forget to turn one on or decide to go simple and leave them at home I catch even more grief.

16. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    I want to hear this bassline!

17. kaputsport

kaputsport

Nov 14, 2007
    Carlisle, PA
    Atypical, not a typical...
    I have no problems using effects... At all.

Being that it is just one of each, I usually double my line with synth, dirt, or a combo of both. Really fattens up the tone.

18. Eric!

Eric! Commercial User

Jan 22, 2009
    America's High-Five
    Mojo Hand FX
    I used to do that, and go into gigglefits (back when I had BIG BOARD).
    My singer said it sounded like Satan laughing menacingly.

19. ryansalmond

ryansalmond

Nov 21, 2007
    Canada
    +1

20. kevteop

kevteop

Feb 12, 2008
    York, UK
    Someone did record the rehearsal but on an iphone. Iphones cannot withstand bass of that magnitude it's just one long woolly "GHAAAAAA!" sound. :D