Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tonight, my life begins again.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jive1, Sep 8, 2005.

1. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    It's the first game of the football season. I've been having a mad football jones, and tonight I finally get the real deal!

Woohoo!!

I LOVE FOOTBALL!!!!!

2. burntgorilla

burntgorilla

Jan 24, 2005
    Belfast
    Hah, we get better football back over here. Northern Ireland managed to beat England! It's one of those things that will be used against the English for years. Well, until they beat NI again.

3. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    +1!

4. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    I'm pretty stoked, too. But I'm not sure how the Pittsburgh O will turn out.

Luckily, I've got a decent fantasy team this year, with NE DEF kicking things off for me tonight!

5. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

I am auditioning for a new band tonight. Didn't have to
    Chutzpah to call up and say, 'Hey the Pats are on, can we
    reschedule ... :eyebrow:'

OTOH, do I want to play in a band where rehearsal is
    more important than the Pigskin?

I got to think on that, I'll get back to you.

6. They are not speaking of our European football I think! (Their soccer!)
    But American football....That's start of the NFL I think!

Vince

7. Americans don't play football...except the women. Americans sit in front of the telly and watch men weighing 20 stone smash into each other and then they play catch with an object, not quite as pointed as a javelin, but definitely not round like a ball. Well, at least the American women play football.

8. jive1

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Me and some co-workers were tossin the pigskin during lunch today. Some of us try to play a little after high school.

But, I do admit that at 34, it gets harder and harder to get a pickup football game together. It also gets harder and harder to get up the next morning after one.

9. jive1

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Of course someone has to get on board, and do the whole Euro football vs. American football thing.

If you wanna do that, DO A SEARCH. :smug:

No need to hate, or compare. I'm just here to love NFL football. Let's share the love fellas.

In an hour and a half - NE vs OAK!

*twangy guitar music*
    ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!!!

10. jive1

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    I haven't done a Sunday daytime gig during the fall in years. It's my day of "rest". All gig and no play makes Oleosexoffendur a boring guy.

11. I love both ''versions'' of football :) unfortunately it's impossible to watch the NFL here if you don't have pay tv :(

12. Thank you. Not only is this debate absolutely played out, it's also completely unwanted by most of the people who would post in this thread.

I'm psyched for the game tonight. I also need some fantasy points out of Jerry Porter....

13. Im just praying that Denver can pull off a win against the Colts in the Post season , instead of Pre season.

Im also interested in seeing how Ben Rothisberger (sp?) does this year too. I took a liking to the fellow.

GO DENVER!

and when they aren't doing so well, go Pittsburgh!

14. I love the NFL as well. I get some odd looks when I rant and rave about it, and sadly have superbowl parties by myself here, no one else to watch it with.
    Staying up to watch the first one tonight on Sky, 2am.

Bit of a Rams fan myself.

15. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

You like Football. That's great! In Detroit we have the Lions.
    Shall we rehash the Detroit Lions Jokes?

16. I like both footballs (american and international).

I'm definitely happy that the NFL is back...it's easily my favorite of the Big 4 sports. The thing about the NFL is that I don't have "a team" - I like a handful of teams and usually at least one does well every year. So I'm rarely disappointed.

Speaking of international football - U.S. destroyed Mexico last weekend...we're goin' to Germany! I also saw some clips of the England - NI game. What an upset, yikes.

17. Nice pick, the Rams are actually my longshot to win the Superbowl this year - if their defense picks up. The offensive options are there, and Steven Jackson will have a great breakout season.

For as much flack as he gets, coach Mike Martz is an offensive genious.

18. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Football season doesn't start until the Steelers kick off on Sunday against Tennessee. :D

-Mike

19. Gonna kill Tennessee too!

20. I started watching more football when the hockey lockout was on. I made sure not to have anything scheduled for tonight :) In fact Im watching the game as I type this.