1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Tonight On Letterman ------!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SurferJoe46, Jul 25, 2012.

1. HEY!!! I'm watching The Tonight Show with Dave Letterman and the bassist is playing on a black/tort Squier VM Jaguar!

Allen Stone is the group.

2. I'm gonna check that out for sure. :hyper:

We need a thread on what pros/popular musicians use Squier's.

3. +10000000000000000000000000000000000

4. guitarist09

guitarist09

Jul 23, 2012
    I hope I don't miss this one! I.HAVE.TO.SEE. THIS!!

Thanks for telling :)

5. NightTripper

NightTripper

Oct 20, 2011
    I watched it too. Great band, and I thought it was the Jag at first too, but it wasn't. I don't know what it was, but it was black w/tort and matching headstock. The body looked more like a P than a Jag, and I think it may have had white binding.

6. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I know tons of guitarists who use Squiers. The guitarist in my band uses a couple. Don't know of as many bassists who use them, but I've seen them on gigs before.

7. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    Herbie Flowers uses one plenty.

8. bassbenj

bassbenj

Aug 11, 2009
    There is a local pro here who only plays two basses an Ibanez and a Squire. He usually brings them both. And I can tell you his Squier sounds a better than some of the Fender Americans I've heard/played. It's just a matter of getting lucky and picking a good one.

9. I don't know. There's at least one TB'er who insists that pros don't use Squiers. What if he's right? :rolleyes:

10. lowfreq33

lowfreq33

Jan 27, 2010
    Nashville
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amplification
    I really dig the new Squiers, sadly they don't make one with enough strings for me. But I do believe that hands down the current generation of Squier basses beats the pants off any MIM Fender all day long.

11. SoVeryTired

SoVeryTired Endorsing nothing, recommending much

Jul 2, 2011
    Milton Keynes, UK
    +1 on the lack of strings. VM Jag, 5-string, in olympic white. Please. :bassist:

12. Smilodon

Smilodon Supporting Member

Feb 18, 2012
    Norway
    I think such a thread already exist. ;)

13. Gougedeye

Gougedeye Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Central Washington
    I didn't watch last evening, but I saw Allen Stone 3 weeks ago and the bass player was using a Reverend. Black with Tort guard.

14. Gougedeye

Gougedeye Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Central Washington

Here is the link. Pretty easy to see it is a Reverend.

15. All it looked like - and still does to me - is a VM Jag with a smiley face sticker on the headstock.

Ah well - old eyes and it was late.

16. I thought Dave (then Conan) got "The Tonight Show" swiped out from under them by that, er, uh, other comedian.

17. PrietoBass

PrietoBass How does he do that?

Apr 16, 2009
    Or CV/VM Jazz/Ps, as long as they're not anvils weighing over 10 lbs...

18. winterburn69

winterburn69

Jan 27, 2008
    Saskatchewan
    Leno hosts "The Tonight Show". Letterman hosts "The Late Show". I saw that band, I thought they weren't too bad, better than lots of other groups that have been on Letterman lately.

19. Since Carson retired, they all blur into one amorphous lack of talent.