Tonights Eagles Game: Official Post Game Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by gallienkrueger, Dec 21, 2003.

1. damn what a game, as a giants fan i was pulling for the 49ers the time. but damn what a game.. Props to Tony Parrish for that amazing interception at the end.
  2. JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Eagles suck.
    And Acres' missed FGs almost cost me my League Championship. least I'm not a Saint's fan.
    (Though that last "pass" is what won me my League Championship).
  3. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Gee, thanks for reminding me....

How the #%Q@#$^ do you miss the extra point after that play???

:bawl: :mad:
  4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Carney is obviously the biggest goat in town right now, but there was speculation that the hold may have been leaning to the right. Carney has reportedly not been happy with the holding.

The thing is, even if the PAT had been good, they still have to score again in overtime, before Jax.

Man, was that touchdown amazing, or what? My wife was literally crying after they showed the replay a couple of times. I told her 'Honey, settle down. After all, it's not the Cowboys or anything!':D
  5. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    As a life-long 9er fan, today was another example of why this season has been so frustrating. I KNOW we've got the talent to be one of the top teams in the NFC, but we're 7-8. Personally, I blame the firing of Mooch at the end of last season. If he were still the coach, we'd probably be one of the top teams in the NFL. And of all people to hire....ERICKSON? What in the world were they thinking? GAH!!! Oh well. Great game, I just wish it actually MEANT something (to us).

Oh and I feel for ya Gard. That play at the end of the Saints game was amazing. Though the hold looked really bad from the cross-field camera replay on that PAT (well....the little dot of a ball looked in the wrong spot).
  6. JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    It was probably that 30-minute review of that last play...Carney's foot probably went numb.

BTW, that play put me over the top in my Real/Pay Fantasy League...Brooks is my starting QB. So, with that play, I win our Super Bowl 78-72.
    I'm a little surprised the NFL scores such a play as a "TD pass". I'm hunkered down awaiting for the LOSER to start his bitchin', too!

And the Brooks/Horn show the previous week(9 TDs total) brought me back from the dead.
  7. JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    I would jettsion TO...I hope the Eagles don't do something stoopid & make a trade for him. The guy's a gifted WR but too much "it's about me".
    Also, it appears the Hearst/Barlow experiment is now dead; Barlow is the horse you guys have needed. I'm thinking Barlow may be my 2nd Round pick in our draft next year...if he's available!

IMO, the Eagles have some nice chemistry happenin'; true, their WRs aren't the best...I think the offensive coordinator needs to think of better ways to deliver the ball to Thrash, Pinkston, & Mitchell. The rookie TE looks promising, too.
    And McNabb holds the ball too damn long. Geez, throw it away or take off & run with it. Do sumthin'.

I'm thinking Lavar Arrington in Philly...soon!
  8. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    I wish the Eagles would have won last night. Now they're going to come down here to DC all pissed off and crush my poor pathetic 'skins even worse than if they were in a good mood.
  9. embellisher

No they're not. GO SKINS!!!

That's pretty ironic, coming from a Cowboys fan, huh?:D
  10. FunkySpoo

Feb 6, 2002
    There is no hope, here's why.
    We gave up 424 yards to the 32nd ranked offense making them look like a freaking allstar team. Now you're putting your hopes on the 'skins?
    Welcome to being a 'skins fan. Of coarse you guys know what a 5-11 season feel like. :p
  11. embellisher

At least we have a real coach now.;)
  12. moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    A bit harsh.

I liked Hotel California.
  13. FunkySpoo

Feb 6, 2002
    Oh come now. you're not comparing all those Super Bowl rings to 122 college victories in 10 years against powerhouses like Vanderbilt are you?

God help us
  14. embellisher

Actually, I was referring to Chan Gailey and Dave Campo. Good assistants, but not head coach material IMHO.

Switzer was a great college coach. But what really improved the boys is that for the first time since JJ quit, the head coach actually has control of the team.
  15. FunkySpoo

Feb 6, 2002
    This is probably the biggest problem here, a medalsome owner. Oh well, there's always next year.:bawl:
  16. sgraham

Aug 30, 2000
    Tyler, TX
    I never thought I'd EVER be rooting for Washington - GO SKINS!:D
  17. JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    (I noticed you said "Liked")
  18. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Well I'm in Lions territory, and we have Mooch. I can't blame him too much. The teams was stinky before he showed up. But it has gotten worse. Can you fire owners?
    That play during the Saints games was great fun. It's a shame they couldn't put it all together.
    I was cheering the 9'ers.
  19. jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Go Skins.

Cowboys 11-5.

THAT'S, what I'm talking about!
  20. i watched it, and yah, that was a sweet game!

who plays tonight? (MNF)