Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tonight's Precision, and it's not on ebay

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by byrdsfan, Apr 28, 2004.

1. byrdsfan

byrdsfan

Feb 9, 2004
    L.I.
    It's red!
    It's on the DiPinto site:
    http://dipintoguitars.com/vintage/Default.htm
    Click left "basses," it's six down, $450.

Here's the description if you can't be bothered:
    90's Fender P-Bass, Japanese
    90's, made in Japan, all original, excellent condition. Cool metallic candy apple red finish. Sounds and plays nice. Comes with gig bag.
    $450

Any opinons on this particular era of P's? Or this one at this price.
    They make a simple thing so complicated. ;)

2. byrdsfan

byrdsfan

Feb 9, 2004
    L.I.
    Added pictures from the site.

3. Get the Gibson Grabber! That Gibson is so cool but thats cool to. Get whatever you want dude.

4. dmaki

dmaki

Apr 29, 2000
    Chattanooga
    Sounds like a pretty good deal to me. 90's MIJ Fenders have a good reputation, and that looks like a killer bass. I would try it out if at all possible, but it shouldn't fail to please if you're a P-bass fan.

5. byrdsfan

byrdsfan

Feb 9, 2004
    L.I.
    The comment about being a P-bass fan got me up out of the house and down to Guitar Center. THey happened to have a new MIA Metallic Red. I think it would look the same as this one. I was not moved. MAybe this one would be impressive in person but im not driving to Philly to find out. I realized i do like the P-neck. I have an Essex P and dig that. I wanted to step but now im mixed up.
    Another store had a natural 57 Reissue, about $1200. im
    giving up on ebay and posting "finds" and will start dreaming about this one. It was like there was a light from above on it. Maye there was!

6. Bass

Bass

Nov 10, 2003
    Canada
    I own a bass that looks exactly like this one. It is a '97 MIM P-bass and I think it's the same color as this, metallic red finish. I like the bass, looks good, sounds good & plays great. The strap holder came out once and the electronics needed shielding though. All in all, I never regretted buying this bass.