Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tony Blair?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Jbass01, Feb 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jbass01

Jbass01

Feb 24, 2003
    Chaska, Minnesota
    Who's Tony Blair? :bassist:

2. DanGouge

DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Canada!
    He's the leader of an obscure island nation ;)

3. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
  4. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Not at all!! He would like people to think he is like a President, but he is not.

He is the leader of the party that gained most votes at the last general election and is therefore the "Prime" minister in Her Majesty's Government.

The way government is set up, both the Church, Crown and State could be seen as "leaders" and all have a role in Parliament along withe the unelected "lords" in the higher chamber.

It is effectively, the "Cabinet" which should lead the country, but Tony Blair's publicity machine is trying to convince everybody that he is indispensable and that the system of government couldn't carry on without him - which is of course not the case!!

5. Paul A

Paul A

Dec 13, 1999
    Hertfordshire U.K!
    Nice one Bruce!
    We agree on something!! :eek:

Old Saying:

"The graveyards of England are FULL of indispensable people"

6. Bruce Lindfield

I think it's quite funny that some Americans don't know about the only person in the whole of the rest of the world, who agrees with their "foreign policy" !! ;)

7. Brooks

Brooks

Apr 4, 2000
    Middle East
    You need to watch Jaywalking segment on Tonight Show with Jay Leno some time...

8. He is one of the reasons I left the UK for hopefully a better and peaceful life.

9. Bruce Lindfield

Edit - I just heard Tony Blair speak in the House of Commons and defend his position and I think I am convinced that he is right - but it does mean that war is inevitable and there is no doubt it will be soon! :(

The mood of the House is clearly that of moving to war status. The Conservatives are agreeing with Tony Blair!! :eek:

10. Paul A

Paul A

Dec 13, 1999
    Hertfordshire U.K!
    Spike!
    How's it going?

11. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    Um, Uh, you're kidding right? I'm at a total loss, really.

12. odie

odie Supporting Member

Im going to spell this out. Let me know if you dont know what it means. P-o-L-i-T-i-C-a-L.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.