SOLD Tony Franklin Fretted P-Bass PRICE DROP

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by louiedi, Mar 6, 2018.

1. louiedi

louiedi Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Connecticut
    Price:
    $1000
    Strings:
    Great bass! Bought it brand new in 2012 and it was my go-to gigging bass for 3 years. Everything about it is pro! So easy to play... and fantastic sounding with a PJ configuration. The neck is in perfect condition. There are small dings and chips around the edges of the body (see the pics). No significant fret wear. Hardware is all original (but I did add a Hipshot Drop D tuner at one point but have since removed it).

Here are some of the features that make this instrument so chill:
    Select Alder body w/Nitrocellulose Lacquer Finish... Olympic White
    Maple neck, Modern “C” Shape w/Nitrocellulose Lacquer Finish
    Maple fretboard, 9.5” Radius
    Tony Franklin American Precision Bass Split Single-Coil Pickup (Matte Finish Pickup Covers)
    Tony Franklin Jazz Bass Single-Coil Pickup with Hex Screw Pole Pieces (Ceramic Bar Magnet)
    3-Position pickup selector switch
    American Vintage ‘70s Precision® Bass with Single Groove Saddles
    1.625" nut width synthetic bone
    9 lbs

The sale also includes the black tolex OHSC by G&G in excellent condition and the original Fender strap that came with the bass. The original cable that came with the bass unfortunately is long gone. :)

$1000 shipped CONUSA. PayPal. No trades!

TF4.jpg TF5.jpg TF1.jpg
    TF2.jpg
    TF6.jpg TF3.jpg TF7.jpg TF8.jpg TF9.jpg TF10.jpg TF11.jpg TF12.jpg

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
  2. rulefuzz

rulefuzz Supporting Member

Jul 29, 2015
    Hong Kong
    omg... GAS!!

louiedi likes this.
  3. DD Gunz

DD Gunz

Jun 18, 2015
    California
    Always wanted one of these. They don’t come around often in white and they are no longer made.

louiedi likes this.
  4. I'd be all over this if I did not have the same one. Really nice necks on these.

louiedi likes this.
  5. Bulky Bass

Bulky Bass

Jan 25, 2008
    Bay Area, Ca.
    I have the amber one. Best Fender I've ever owned. Have definitely considered getting the white one unfortunately no $ at the moment.

louiedi likes this.
  6. louiedi

louiedi Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Connecticut
    Actually it was the amber model that caught my attention. Saw a band and the bassist was playing one. Love a P/J config. Love a P Bass so it was love at first sight. You're right, one of the best Fender I've owned.

7. ShirazBop

ShirazBop

Sep 29, 2006
    Greensboro, NC
    :woot:

louiedi likes this.
  8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 16, 2021