1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Tony Franklin Fretted"Parts Bass" TF Sunburst Body, American Special Neck

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by AngelsBassBall, Mar 13, 2016.

1. Price:
    Strings:
    I am putting some feelers out on my Tony Franklin Fretted "Parts Bass". The body is a Tony Franklin US made sunburst Precision from 2011 and has had an American Standard bridge on it (previous owner). This body has been played and I have tried my best to capture the wear on the body...this is not pristine, but not abused..it's a player body...it has been played. (trying to be forthright here) The neck is a like new, no fret-wear, no nicks or scratches etc from a 2013 Fender American Special P-bass. It is currently strung with fresh D'Addario Nickel Rounds and has killer tone. Weighs in at hair over 9 pounds. Asking $850 and actual shipping...which will obviously vary depending on where you are located. You can also pick it up in the Raleigh NC area. No case, just bass...will be packed extremely well, boxed and shipped with tracking. Please feel free to PM me if you are interested or have any detailed questions.Thanks! Bass is sold..but thanks for looking!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
    hobosong, maverick49 and Mike Sorr like this.
  2. Mike Sorr

Mike Sorr "Play I some music...: Supporting Member

Oct 24, 2012
    Brick, NJ
    Hmmmm. Very interesting. I love the combination of the awesome feeling American Special neck and the Franklin body. I may have to try to sell something...

3. It really is a sweet ride but I keep going back to my American Standard J bass that I bought new in 1997. I feel like I am cheating on her whenever I play something else...and that tone. I am unlike most of the TBer's here where I am a minimalist when it comes to basses and I can only play one at a time. :)

4. Mike Sorr

Mike Sorr "Play I some music...: Supporting Member

Oct 24, 2012
    Brick, NJ
    Any interest in a partial trade for a really nice 5 string?

5. Thanks but I'm a 4 string guy.

Mike Sorr likes this.
  6. hobosong

hobosong

May 26, 2015
    Brooklyn
    Can you tell me how much it weighs? Are you able to post a sound clip?

7. 9.2 on the bathroom scale. Let sound bite to follow.

8. All I have to record is an iphone and this site doesn't recognize the file..sorry. I am happy to email you the clip directly if you want to IM me.

Thanks,