1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Tony Franklin... played with Peter Gabriel?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by agreatheight, Apr 13, 2006.

1. In the last Sweetwater catalog they had the new Fender Tony Franklin fretless (very sweet bass, btw) but in the blurb about it they said Franklin is Peter Gabriel's bassist. Is that true, or are they mixing Tony Franklin up with Tony Levin, and if so who is to blame, Sweetwater or Fender?

Interesting... Any ideas?

2. Jerry Ziarko

Jerry Ziarko Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    No idea at all, but if I get a chance to ask him about it I'll see what I can find out. He is doing a clinic this Sat at 5 PM. It's a pretty small setting so asking questions after should be fine. The funny thing is immediately after the clinic I'm going to see Tony Levin at a intimate club show. Right after that I have a gig at one of my favorite clubs. Nice day, huh?

3. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Heh, you are in a unique position to ask Tony Franklin, and then have it verified by Tony Levin.

To the best of my knowledge, Tony Franklin has never played with Gabriel. Tony Levin has been PGs go to guy for about 28 years.

4. DGbass70

DGbass70

Jun 1, 2005
    Rochester N.Y.
    hey JERRY i'll see you there,i can't wait for next saturday.
    i stopped by the HOG yesterday and you can tell something's up cause they cleaned up the cases were the bases are(not 200 basses on top of each other):bassist: :bassist: :bassist:

5. Jerry Ziarko

Jerry Ziarko Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    OOPS! I checked to see what time the clinic was scheduled for and noticed the date is the 22nd. Levin show was great though.......