1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Tony Grey Book

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by FirewalZ, Feb 5, 2016.

Tags:
  1. FirewalZ

FirewalZ

Aug 14, 2014
    S.E. Michigan
    Does anyone know if the Tony Grey Bass Academy book has tab, notation, etc.... I was wanting to check this book out based on TB recommendation and some video's ive watched. I have a fair understanding of basic theory and chords, however i don't read music, so if it's all in notation it won't be very useful.

2. Thuddy Waters

Thuddy Waters

Mar 20, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    There is no tab in the book. It's all in notation. Most of it is quarter and eight notes, but you will have to read.

3. GastonD

GastonD

Nov 18, 2013
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Yes, all standard notation, although Tpny shows a lot of that stuff on the accompanying DVD (included with the book). Also, a lot of the examples have the fingerings and strings played indicated above or below the staff, which should make it easier to get along, while you are getting used to reading the notation.
    It is an excellent instructional package, and you should not cut yourself short on the assumption of not being able to read the musical notation.