1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Tony Grey's Bass Academy (Member insight)

Discussion in 'Ask Tony Grey' started by melodiaopus, Oct 15, 2013.

1. melodiaopus

melodiaopus Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2007
    Austin, TX
    I just wanted to drop a line to all you TB'ers on here who are thinking about signing up or are just curious about the website. DO IT! I have tried all the other member lessons sites and Tony has been by far the easiest to chat with. His site is easy to navigate through and he gives you very precise tips as to how to practice and setup a schedule that work. I'm not saying anything bad about the other sites, but they are very convoluted with material. Seemingly random lessons that seem to have no order. To me that seems a little counter productive. Tony Grey is always there to answer your questions on the forum site and seem like he eats, breathes and sleeps on this site. He really bends over backwards for those who are 100% passionate and actually try to work through the lessons. Hell, he even gave me a few phone calls to chat about some important aspects of his lessons along with a Skype lesson, free of charge! Definitely a professional and ultimate teacher.

His lessons are very easy to follow and once you sign up, explore all the options on his site, because they are very helpful. Especially, reading through the forum questions. I have about 100 or more questions on the forum that really dive deep into practice schedule. So, for those of you who are looking for a professional instructor to study with, Tony Grey is by far my first choice. Years and years worth of material to either get you started as a bass player or if you're an experienced player looking to take your playing to the next level, this is it.

I've been a member since day 1 and plan to stick with it for as long as Tony keeps the site up and running. Invaluable material and a great hard working professional at your fingertips! Definitely a must for a serious musician and bass player.

Just my 2cents, and no I am not endorsed by Tony. I am just a passionate bass player who strives each day to become better, as I am sure you all are. Take that extra cash laying around and invest in his site, because in the end you gain the most from it.

Thanks,

-Adam Prado

2. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Indianapolis, IN
    Great post Adam!

3. tony grey

tony grey

Oct 2, 2006
    Endorsements; Yamaha, Fodera, Aguilar, TC Electronic, Peterson, Zoom
    Wow thank you Adam that means a lot. People like you who are open and want to keep moving forward that make all the hard work worth while.
    Thank you so much.

4. iwearpumas

iwearpumas Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Middletown, NY
    Just looked at the website, looks interesting. I have to check my budget, it looks like I will subscribe.

5. ctufankjian

ctufankjian

Sep 28, 2007
    Vermont
    Endorsing Artist: Unicornbass.se
    Me too, Just took the free lesson on diatonic triads and had fun. It's nice to be fed new stuff to work with.
    :D

6. tony grey

tony grey

Oct 2, 2006
    Hi there thanks so much. Let me know if you have any questions or need any help. Thanks

7. tony grey

tony grey

Oct 2, 2006
    Hi there, thanks for checking out the diatonic triads lesson. Let me know if you have any questions regarding anything.

8. michele

michele

Apr 2, 2004
    Italy
    I'm also a member since day one and I can only subscribe every single word from my Academy fellow Adam.
    Joining Tony's Academy is the best fruitful thing I've done in all my musical life.

9. tony grey

tony grey

Oct 2, 2006
    Thank you so much Michele I find you both very inspiring. It's really keeping me on a forward path. Thanks for trusting in me

10. asbs

asbs

Oct 11, 2010
    Geneva
    I confirm that Tony is 200% involved in his Academy.
    Easy to talk with and fast answering.

I will suscribe next month after having moving in my new home and get internet.

11. iwearpumas

iwearpumas Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Middletown, NY
    I think I will subscribe too. I asked him about a YouTube video he did for free and he took time out to help.

12. tony grey

tony grey

Oct 2, 2006
    Thanks you. Let me know if you need any help and good luck with the move. :)

13. tony grey

tony grey

Oct 2, 2006
    Thanks man. I'm more than happy to help.

14. asbs

asbs

Oct 11, 2010
    Geneva
    thank you Tony !

15. Yes, Tony is very helpful and fast to reply with answers to questions. I am a member and have a monthly subscription, but will sign up for the year-plan as soon as I am able.

16. tony grey

tony grey

Oct 2, 2006
    Cool man thank you

17. melodiaopus

melodiaopus Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2007
    Austin, TX
    There isn't any other lesson site out there that really gain results like Tony's website. The yearly subscription is like having Tony as your roommate.

18. EmptyCup

EmptyCup

Feb 25, 2013
    Nashville Area
    I was on the fence about the Bass Academy.

Checked out Tony's free lessons and they are done very well.
    Not only a talented player but he also articulates his ideas in a clear and easy to understand manner.

Looks like I will become a member.

Thanks Adam for posting this thread.

Thanks Tony for sharing your experience.

19. tony grey

tony grey

Oct 2, 2006
    Adam thank you man.

20. tony grey

tony grey

Oct 2, 2006
    Hello there. thank you please let me no if you need any help or advise. I'm here not just to promote my Academy but to help generally