Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tony Hawk's Boom Boom Huck Jam

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by By-Tor, Oct 10, 2003.

1. By-Tor

By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Went and saw the Tony Hawk's Boom Boom Huck Jam last night.
    A pretty good show.
    Has anybody else seen this?

2. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

My son, a long time fan of Tony Hawk's, since his earliest skate board days, has tickets to Nascar's last race of the season at Homestead. But wouldn't you just know, that is precisely the same day Hawk's tour comes to our city!

He is really torn, because he is kind of locked into that Nascar race as his father and uncle went out of their way to secure tickets for the event, but my son is such a fan of Hawk's and has had many skateboards over the years with Hawk's logo, plus t-shirts and videos, etc.

I told him just to be glad he had to choose between two very attractive choices and be very glad he didn't have to choose between two very bad choices.

Making matters worse, his girlfriend has said she can get tickets to the Tony Hawk event and will go with some friends, as she is not invited to the Nascar event, so my son is really frustrated that she will see it and he won't. (But I know there are many folks who would just die to see that last Nascar race, too, as the points are very close for the top three Winston Cup drivers.)

3. I remember just a few years ago Tony Hawk was doing a skate demo at a really small park just down the road. and now here he is performing at my town's biggest sports stadium....i kinda lose my excitement watching tony through a jumbotron :meh:

More power to him though.