1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Tony Levin in Montreal

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Yvon, May 13, 2006.

1. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    Who's going to see TL in montreal on the 27th of may?
    I have my tickets already.
    For those who would like to try my lecompte we could meet at Italmelodie and have lunch at pizza napoletana.

2. Hi Yvon!

I REALLY wanted to go to this show but I have a gig that night that pays too well to turn down.

:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

Nice new bass BTW!

3. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    Where is the gig?
    If Tony finish early I could go see you.

4. Interesting. I'm scheduled for work but it's my bithday! Where is it and where did you buy your tickets? Any sample of his stuff somewhere? (I only know from King Crimson).

Wanna try my F? :D

5. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    I've owned a few F before, but that would be nice to compare them side by side.

He is playing at the café campus. You can buy your ticket online from the café cambus web site.
    Check his web site:
    www.tonylevin.com

6. Yvon: It's a corporate gig at a reception hall so that won't work! Great bread, but I have the feeling I'll be playing "hot, hot hot" at some point!

Erick: Do all of us bassists in Quebec play F basses?!

7. Thanks for the info Yvon.

Bass Boy, you have an F too? Mine's an old model, with the lower pointy thing that looks as if was cut, probably mid-80's. Apparently owned by Alain Caron. It's pretty cool since they are now well-regarded but very costly and a bit more common. Mine feels more unique. I had a MF for a while too. Superb instrument, better than the F in some ways (quite different though). Wish I had it back.

8. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    For anyone interested, Tony was on a live call-in radio show called Vox Pop on public radio station WAMC in Albany, NY last month. He's on the show periodically, like every two to four years. You can download an MP3 of the show at http://www.publicbroadcasting.net/wamc/news.newsmain?action=article&ARTICLE_ID=897724

Warning: The is a glitch in the recording, as the first couple minutes of program repeats itself and then continues to the end.

9. Mine's an 80s neck through model like Alain used to play. Incredible sound! I like it better than the newer fretless ones. I've used it in the studio numerous times on power ballads and it fits perfectly. I had an engineer (also a bassist) offer to but it on the spot!

10. Seems like there's a few people from Montreal here! I currently play guitar and am not a pro. Do you have anything you could teach me about how to get into a good band in Montreal?

I currently play guitar but bass sounds really interesting too. I'll have to buy one someday and decide which I like best.

How do you find bandmembers, people to jam with in Montreal area? I'm in St-Hubert on the south shore.

11. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    I'm from the south sore also.

You can check out web site like
    www.dejavu.ca
    www.lespac.com
    www.lespacs.com

Also check out some open mike nights, I'm sure Randy knows about some of them.

12. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    It was a GREAT concert.
    Now I want a bongo!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The pictures are not that good.
    And one is really bad, but I like it!

I also have 2 or 3 cool little video but they are over 60 meg...

13. Cool pics Yvon! I really wish i could have seen the show (it was only a few blocks from my place). And BTW, I did have to play Hot, Hot Hot last night!:crying: