Tony Levin/Manu Katché

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Yvon, Apr 1, 2001.

1. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    This morning on TV there was a Peter Gabriel concert, although I already saw that concert, I couldn't beleive the groove between Tony Levin and Manu Katché, probably one of the greatest rythm section of all time.

2. What an uncanny grasp of the obvious you have..:D

Only kidding, but you are 100000% right on that call.....I can listen to those 2 for hours......My favorite CD is Secret World by Peter Gabriel, and most of the songs if not all have those to groovmeisters building the foundation......I think the reason I like Tony Levin so much is his percussive feel in every song, but does not overide everything else.......He stays in the pocket, but if you listen he can blow your mind....Manu Katche(sorry no accent) well all I can say about him is WOW! I do not know enough about him to make a judgement call, but from what I have listened to, Once again WOW!

By the way Yvon, thanks for putting a thread that I can rant about....I will stop here......:p
  3. On the secret world tour I was blessed to have front row seats at the round stage and TL was right in front on me and I could see across Manu's drum set and watched the 2 of them all nite, it was a great expeiience to watch and hear those 2 amazing players work their stuff. All of the other fools were watching PG's antics.