1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Tony Markellis is a groove Machine...

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by silvertone, Nov 6, 2017.

Tags:
  1. silvertone

silvertone

Nov 6, 2007
    SF, CA
    Spent Friday and Saturday nights happily grooving to Trey Anastasio Band at the fantastic Fox Theater in Oakland!

TAB was crushing jams laced with tropical Samba, Rhumba, Reggae, Ska, Funk, Blues, Soul, Soca, Jazz and Rock rhythms - this is not Phish and there's no feeling like you are on the outside of some innie inside joke - this is pure jammy goodness filled with tight rhythms (featuring Russ Lawton on drums, Cyro Baptista rattling and shaking a world of percussion toys, Tony Markellis with a stand-mounted P Bass laying down the law of the goove, Ray Paczakowski on B3, Rhodes and other keys and the fantastic singing horns of Natalie, "Chainsaw," Cressman, (Trombone) Jen Hartswick (Trumpet) and James Casey (Tenor and Bari Sax.) Trey of course melted faces - but I was thunderstruck by the steadiness of Tony on bass. He was like a rock of rhythm...

Jambase used my vid caps and my pal Sue Weiand's Snap Shots!:

Reelin' In The Year: Trey Anastasio Band Ends 2017 Tour In Oakland - Review, Videos & Photos

Burn that Bridge

Dark & Down

Come Together

Ocelot

Dazed & Confused

Simple Twist Up Dave

Push on Till the Day

Heavy Things

~Enjoy~!

JimK and bassrique like this.
  2. ChrisPbass

ChrisPbass

Jul 18, 2006
    Fairfax, VA
    Lazarus!

Tony Markellis is a freight train...I actually just looked for some of his bass lines. He is so simply and understated but the bass lines are JUST RIGHT and he is a freight train...just grooves down the track. So good....

AlvarHanso likes this.
  3. What is a stand-mounted P Bass?