Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tony Royster Jr (drum solo vid)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MikeyFingers, Jan 25, 2006.

1. OK, I downloaded this video back in the day. I haven't watched it in years. I just dug it up from my old music files and it blew my mind again.
    This is the only piece of music I can find from him and it's driving me crazy. It's an amazing drum solo, even if you ignore the fact that he was 12 years old when this was recorded. I mean, this would be impressive from a drummer of ANY age.
    If anyone here knows of some music this guys has recorded (what genre, who he plays with) please let me know, I'm dying to here him play with a band.

Anyway, on with the show. Try to watch the whole thing, there's so many amazing moments in it. My favorite part is the groove he gets into between 6:08 and 6:40. That stuff he does with the "splash" cymbals is incredible. Not to mention the utterly perfect snare roll right after that.
    Click right --------------------->here

edit---I'm retarded. I just spent 15 minutes uploading the video, only to find out that it's already been hosted at the same website like 10 times. Oh well, just watch it.

2. FunkSlap89

FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
    yeah, i've seen it several times before. That kid is a genious. I wonder what kind of band he'll be in when he gets a bit older. :eek:

3. Just found out that this video is actually quite old, and that he is in his 20's now.
    I'm still looking for details about any bands he's in. Anyone got some recent info on him?