Too big and skins don't help

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Davidoc, Feb 3, 2004.

1. Everything in this forum is too big; not enough fits on the screen.

I'm not really conservative and I like change, but this is one change I find hard to get used to. Usually skins will adjust layout and size so you can pick one that works for you, but these just alter the color scheme.

Is there anyone else who feels the same way?
  2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I just wanted to say that I do not feel as you do. It fits on my screen just fine.

3. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Try setting your screen res to higher than 240X380??? ;)
  4. Everything's realative. What's cool on most forums is too big here. I'm not gonna make the rest of my computing **** smaller just for talkbass. Conformity has its place.
  5. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Looks fine to me. I thought that all civilised persons used 1024x768 nowdays?

Seriously, if it is a problem, post a thread in Paul's Shack about it!
  6. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    im starting to like this new talkbass...

one thing i hated was the new attachment system... hated it so much i went and bought my own hosting space for any future image needs :/
  7. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003
    Hopefully paul will add a skin which is just the same aesthetically as the old board, then we would have all the new features minus the colour, format change etc.
  8. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Well, scroll all the way down... on the bottom left corner is a drop down menu which probably has the name Talkbass 2004 on it. Click that and select Legacy. It is pretty much the old color scheme.
  9. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003
    Yeh i noticed that just afte i posted this morning, its basically the same, but, still feels 'new' if you know what i mean.
  10. lump

Jan 17, 2000
    St. Neots, UK
    Yes. It just isn't 800x600 friendly, even with the most recent adjustments. I tried 1024x768 for a while, but it just doesn't cut it on a 17" monitor (and my wife hates it). Not a show stopper, but it's annoying.
  11. Well, I'm running 1024x768 for my desktop res. I don't mind the color at all, color change is good. I just wish there was a way to make for fit on one screen. I'd up my resolution, but then everything else is too small.

This isn't anything major though, just a suggestion. Some skin systems let the skinner change size, format etc.
  12. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Im on 800X600 and rarely find something too big.

Only cases I can think of are when large pictures are posted.