Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Too buisy havin fun!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by DougD, Nov 26, 2002.

1. DougD

DougD Bassman7654

Sep 19, 2002
    North Las Vegas NV
    I'm having way too much fun on this site. So much so that I’ve been happily posting away, when I suddenly remembered that I haven’t introduced myself!
    Soo without further adoooo here goes (AA voice on) Hi. My name is Doug I’m 40 years old.. An I’m a bass player? (AA voice off) I have been at it since I was about 17. I'm active duty Air Force stationed at Nellis AFB Nevada (Las Vegas). I have a wonderful wife, teenage daughter and a dog that thinks he's human:rolleyes: My gear consist of an Ibanez SR406 six string, SR400 four string, and my main ax is Jackson C5A five string, Gk1001RB head, homemade 115, Avatar B410 and Boss GT-6B. I play for the Nellis Chapel on Sunday mornings and gig around town with my band Sugarkanetrain. Well that’s about it for me. Sorry about the delay. Any other semi-newbies out there?

2. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Welcome to talkbass Man. You'll find it a fairly friendly enviroment... unless you post in the wrong forum :eek: ;) . For future reference something like this would probably go in misc or off topic. But yeah, uhhh, have fun on this site. I know I've learned a lot on here. And if you dig it a lot, consider a supporting membership, you get to put up a way cool avatar like so

<-----------------------

Cool huh? :cool:

3. Grygore

Grygore

Oct 25, 2002
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Indeed, welcome DougD :)

StupidMatt : Like the new avatar...my favorite Space Ghost character

4. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Brak, truely a living legend.

5. DougD

DougD Bassman7654

Sep 19, 2002
    North Las Vegas NV
    Thanks guys. Sorry about posting in the wrong area.

6. Jay

Jay

Oct 19, 2000
    Bidwell, OH
    Welcome to TB! This place is indeed quite an abode for the working/casual bassist.

Don't worry about posting in the wrong area, as long as you don't do it on purpose it's ok. :D

Your friendly neighborhood mod...

7. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    hey doug, welcome to talkbass. :) we've got a few other active duty airforce guys around here - pacman's an airforce bandsman, lump's in the af over in korea, and there are a few others that slip my mind right now.

8. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Drivin' down Highway 40 in my big old pickup truck!

Welcome DougD, glad you like it here.

9. DougD

DougD Bassman7654

Sep 19, 2002
    North Las Vegas NV
    Cool:) I was paroled from Korea in 98. There is quite a lot of talented musicians in the AF these days;) and not just in the AF bands either. The ones that are in the bands though are absolutely top notch. Any of you ever been to the Vegas area?

10. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    Welcome to Talkbass Doug:)

11. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    welcome aboard, doug! *that's just the navy in me talkin'* great to have you, man

12. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    :eek: i thought that was just a nasty rumor!

what does your wife think? :eek:

:D

13. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    turner, you never miss a chance, do ya? does your wife let you wear cheap acrylic sweaters and perforated jeans?

14. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    :D hee hee

when i do, she gets really mad, spanks me, and makes me stand in the corner.

that's why i wear them so often. :D.

15. lump

lump

Jan 17, 2000
    St. Neots, UK
    Hola, Doug. Looks like we have a lot in common (check my profile). Pacman is the talented one though. ;)

I was TDY to Nellis last month for a coupla weeks, but never made it to the chapel (go figure). Been in Korea for about seven years total, with no parole in sight. I've been offered a job at Nellis for next year, but I doubt it will pan out. The folks here have their hooks in me pretty deep. :)

Anyway, welcome aboard. I'll see ya around.

16. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Hey Doug! Good to have ya here!

Another active-duty AF dog here is ChaosGWAR, I believe he's in the San Francisco/Oakland area (can't remember which base), he's a C5 crew chief (I think?).

I wasn't in the AF directly, but my dad was a C-130 jockey for the first 6 years of my life, so I'm an AF brat - they shuttled me all over the world back in the day (we won't discuss when "the day" was, hmmkay?).

neptoon (the video is coming, trust me! things have been nuts here! :p) & JT, y'all really need to quit flirting in public like that - get a room, willya?!?!? :eek:

17. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    But why not Gard? We just did!

I Love my work.... :D

Welcome to the asylum, DougD

P@

18. DougD

DougD Bassman7654

Sep 19, 2002
    North Las Vegas NV
    Belive me, I know the feeling. Have you been in Korea for seven years straight? Or off an on? Do we have any Gulf war vets in da house? I spent 5 1/2 months over there. I was also Present for the Kobar towers bombing (that was a close one):eek:

19. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    I'm a Gulf War vet... 1st MarDiv, stationed at Ras al Jubyal...

P@

20. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    cassanova is a gulf war vet too.