1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Too clean?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by punisher911, Dec 29, 2012.

1. After trading away my Warwick $$5. I started playing my Stingray Classic again for the first time in a while. Wow does the Stingray seem clean. I guess I got used to the Warwick's growl. The SR seems to sound lame now. The good news is I bought a Swollen Pickle to fuzz it up (which is pretty nice), but wow am I surprised at the difference between the two basses and how quickly I got used to the $$ Corvette. Over the next few days I'm going to really A/B my Stingray against my MIA Jazz and see if the SR might have to move on in favor of something different. Yes, I know I had the volume down a bit on my TerrorBass, but I did bump it up just to see if that was the issue. Twas not. The SR is just awfully clean compared to the $$.

2. vegas532

vegas532

Nov 10, 2006
    Pensacola, FL.
    That's what bugs me about most active basses. With the exception of a Wal, they all sound "too clean" to my ears.

3. Btw, I always run my EQs flat on the actives. So both the eqs on the $$ and the SR are in the detent or close as I can guesstimate on the SR.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 25, 2021