Too early to talk about NAMM?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by SpankBass, Nov 15, 2003.

1. I think not!

Who's coming this year to LA?
    Anyone interested in doing that solo bass thing again this year?

I'm 88.4% sure that I'm going this year.

If anyone doesn't know what NAMM is:
  2. dhuffguitars

dhuffguitars Luthier/Bass Wanker depending on your opinion

Sep 18, 2001
  3. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I will be there this year. What's this solo bass thing?
  4. I wonder if Stephen Soto and I can make it down there for it! We will have to see :D
  5. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I am so down for that. My job is paying to send me down there, so I am all about the party after a rough days of "work".:D
  6. Carey

Jan 18, 2002
    Redlands, CA
    Please come by and check out our booth. There's going to be a lot of cool stuff crammed into our little 10'x10'. We'll have an Accugroove cab fed by a Jack Read Purity preamp into a Stewart power amp.
    It looks like I'm going to have five instruments there. People keep asking me if I can show thier bass for them. I don't understand it, but I don't argue with them :D
    We'll also have a few GR instruments there as well as Darrin's and Mike's. And of course I'll have some replacement pickups installed in some beater instruments to check out. It's going to be a lot of fun.

Are they going to do another Bass Bash? I'd love to see that again. Trip and Michael were amazing! The whole show was great, but those two really stood out for me.

BTW. If you're thinking of asking someone you know in the industry to get you a badge for the show do it NOW. The deadline is December 5th. After that the badges cost money. :meh:
  7. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Probably will have to wait for Summer NAMM..

I'd heard a rumor that they're going to stop having it in Nashville.. Anyone know anything about this?
  8. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.
    I wish I could go to namm... I live right there too...
  9. Whappo Grande

Whappo Grande

Feb 9, 2002
    Santa Clara, CA.
    Manager: AccuGroove Speakers
    I'll certainly be there, although it's impossible to get out of the booth & roam around. If any of you guys show up, please stop by & say hi. It's great to put faces to names.

In regards to the Bass Bash; Dan Elliot, Tom Boyles, Wally Malone & I are working hard to prepare for the 2004 Bass Quake Bass Bash in Anaheim. (Or what ever we end up calling it this year)

Preliminary info:

Location: Same as last year. JT Schmid’s Restaurant and Brewery, which is located at 2610 E Katella Ave, Anaheim, CA, just two miles from the Anaheim Convention Center.

Date: Thursday evening, Jan. 15 (The first night of the NAMM show)

Partial list of Players: (Subject to change w/ more to be added)
    Greta Brinkman (Gallien-Krueger), Nathan East (AccuGroove) Trip Wamsley (Glockenklang)

You can contact Dan or keep up with changes at:
    (The new Bass Bash info hasn’t been posted yet)