1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Too good to be true? 1973 Fender Jazz $750

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by HooBass, Jul 23, 2007.

1. HooBass

HooBass

May 27, 2003
    NC
  2. lamarjones

lamarjones Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    already picked it up, looks legit.

3. smperry

smperry Administrator Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    good snag, but you know what this thread needs...pictures.

M

4. HooBass

HooBass

May 27, 2003
    NC
    That's awesome! A while back I took a visit to one of the websites you provided in your signature, and listened to a tune of yours (Copasetic I think it was). It's nice that someone I'm familiar with (although only through that web linkage) got this bass.

I need to come see you perform with this Jazz at one of your future gigs!

Talk soon
    HooBass

5. lamarjones

Aug 27, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    excellent! Thanks for the kind words. I am in a band called Barefoot Manner, and we hit the area a decent bit although we need some CH spots. I assure you it has nothing to do with us mostly being wolfpackers ;)

Pics when I get to the house, I could use a second pair of eyes to validate as well.

6. lamarjones

Aug 27, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. PhilRitter21

PhilRitter21

Apr 23, 2007
    Toledo Ohio
    Amazing! Im sooo jealous, Ive been looking for a 70s Jazz with sunburst and maple, so when I read this, I sent the guy an email, but he never answered. :crying: I live in Ohio, but I am going to be driving through NC on the way to the beach next week. I was hoping it was still gonna be there. Congrats on the find!

Now down to business... wanna make a $200 profit??! :ninja:

8. lamarjones

Aug 27, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    not as much as I want a 70s jazz with a maple board!

9. HooBass

HooBass

May 27, 2003
    NC
    Wow -- Looks awesome. Reeks of mojo (see all that grime around the heel of the neck, and is that the ultimate cigarette burn in the headstock or what?), and I can almost smell the case.

Again, I'll watch for your play dates and try to come by and see you guys perform. I'm so busy it may be forever before the stars align, but if I see you'll be playing that bass then it'll increase the urgency.

Talk soon,
    HooBass

10. didier

didier

Aug 4, 2005
    NC
    ah, I saw that this morning, was curious who got it...

Cruel, it is absolutely CRUEL, I say, for the seller to leave it up and listed with "SOLD" at the bottom. can't he just remove the listing :crying:

11. ibnzneksrul

ibnzneksrul

Feb 2, 2007
    So Cal
    Sweet!

12. PhilRitter21

PhilRitter21

Apr 23, 2007
    Toledo Ohio
    Haha, thats what I figured! Enjoy! What Im hopefully gonna do is get a Geddy Lee Sig and swap necks with my sunburst American fretless. All I need to do now is make sure the necks are compatible.