Too Good To Be True?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by stefeb, Oct 26, 2002.

1. stefeb

Jun 9, 2002
    Bethlehem, PA
    Saw this G&L on eBay. Looks like a great buy, but I'd like some of your thoughts.

G & L 2500 on eBay

2. If you use the BIN, you won't really be saving much money, if any after you add up shipping costs. I'm willing to bet that the reserve price is equal to the buy price. Still, it's nice looking. Not the best deal on a new G&L I've ever seen, but certainly not a rip off.
  3. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
  4. stefeb

Jun 9, 2002
    Bethlehem, PA
    Thanks for the insight. I think I'll just bide my time and see if another comes up at lower price,or if this is is relisted at a lower price.
  5. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Not too bad of a price. I have seen em cheaper ( had em on sale a while back), but that still isn't too bad of a price, IMO.
  6. I sold an alder, solid color L2500 on ebay about two years ago for $800 (I had the bass for about 6 months). I think the list for an ash with clear color finish is about $100 more than the one I sold. If the bass is in mint condition, as the seller says, I think it's a great deal. You could hold out for that killer deal and, then again, that killer deal might mean you save $25-50 which, in my mind, isn't a huge difference.
  7. funkasaurus

Apr 23, 2001
    Los Angeles
  8. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    yeah you can get those for a few hundred less usually.. just wait around.. used G&Ls aren't hard to find usually.
  9. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Have you played an L2500 extensively and are you sure you want one? These basses are not to everyone's taste. I sold one a few years ago when I felt that, for my needs, it just wasn't what I wanted. I GREATLY prefer a Stingray 5, for instance.