1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Too many projects ... again. Yeesh.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by paddydaddyo, Feb 22, 2016.

Tags:
  1. So I helped organize what we hope to be an annual bass day here in Greenville, SC ... which we held yesterday. Great players, lots of cool music made, lots of basses to check out and groove on--from vintage Gibsons and Fenders, to modern 5-strings. Everybody had a blast, and we will be doing it again--bigger and better--next year for sure!

The one thing that I hadn't planned on was coming home with a pile of bodies, necks, pickguards, and cases ... including a Fender Mike Dirnt body in Vintage White (or banana custard, as I call it) with the BadAss bridge, and a loaded "Fenderbird" body with a satin-finish Tele-headstock, figured maple/maple neck! Combine those with the T-40 refinish project (with two bodies), and the emerald green ash P-Bass body & N.O.S. Bill Lawrence blade split-P groove machine I already had in the works ... TOO MANY PROJECTS!

Wife not exactly happy ...

Brundlefly and 2cooltoolz like this.
  2. Plake

Plake Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2010
    Its better to ask for forgiveness than permission. :D Just dont tell my wife I said that. :thumbsup:

3. M.R. Ogle

M.R. Ogle Supporting Member Commercial User

Nov 5, 2004
    Mount Vernon, Illinois
    Backstage Guitar Lab owner
    Sounds like Heaven to me. I LOOOOVE projects!

There are SO many other hobbies you could be into (golf, motorcycles, vintage cars, etc.) that are MUCH more expensive and time consuming than tinkering with basses. Your wife should be happy that you found something you love to do that doesn't REALLY break the bank and keep you away from home for long stretches.

2cooltoolz likes this.
  4. 2cooltoolz

2cooltoolz Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Lake Conroe, TX
    I never say "+1" but it is so apropos in this context. Unfortunately, all our money (that my wife knows about) is going into our home remodel. :( Her project. I could equip a band with boutique stuff.

:(:(:(:(:(

5. godofthunder59

godofthunder59 God of Thunder and Rock and Roll Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2006
    Rochester NY USA
    Endorsing Cataldo Basses, Whirlwind products, Thunderbucker pickups
    Sounds like lots of fun. I luvs me a project!

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 17, 2021