Too much EQs?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by demax666, May 9, 2004.

1. demax666

May 9, 2004
    Hi! This is my problem: I play a Cort A6 through an Ampeg B2R+BSE410 and I just got a Line6 Bass Pod. This way i find myself with the bass EQ, the amp EQ and the POD EQ... which one sholud I begin with? Which one should I keep flat? :confused: :confused: :confused: Any suggetion is welcome! thanks!!!

2. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    It that was my setup, I would take out the POD to begin with and then try and get a good sound.

Center all the controls on the bass and begin with amp set flat. Experiment with the eq on the amp, until multiple pleasing sounds can be found just by changing the controls on the bass. This way you can find great tones live without having to fiddle with the eq.

As for the POD, Will it be used for only effect or will it be used for amp modeling? If it is for amp modeling, will the models always be on?
  3. demax666

May 9, 2004
    Wow! thanks a lot, I'll begin that way! Concerning the POD, I got one on eBay and still waiting for it...I'll use it for both modeling (I heard it has great sounds, no matter if they sound like other amps or not) and effects if needed: i'll probably get a midi pedalboard for playing live with my amp.
  4. josh_m

May 5, 2004
    Davie, Fl
    I personally don't like the tone of the POD EQ, but if you really want to use it for EQ try and set it to sound the way you want in a combination of the two. It will take more work but I think it will be more worth it in the end. I'd like to clear up that I think Ampeg is an amazing company and have yet to find a bad combination with their instruments (even using a Squire P-Bass) which I think is a big factor, try and get the sound you want just from the stack, use the POD as an auxillary effect.

That's all just my opinion and what I would do though.
  5. Mud Flaps

Mud Flaps

Feb 3, 2003
    Norton, MA
    I had a similar problem. I found that I would rather use a parametric EQ rather than a graphic EQ, so I am now trying to sell my graphic EQ pedal. I just like being able to adjust quickly and easily. I pretty much use the EQ on my bass for the overall sound of the instrument, and I use the EQ on my head if I need a boost of anything. Usually, it will be something dramatic, like if I put on new strings the day before, I will boost the bass.
  6. demax666

May 9, 2004
    My idea was to use different POD eq settings the same way I would if I had 3 boss geb-7 or something like that. I already have an old Ibanez BE-10 eq pedal but I felt in need of more different equalizations. I got the POD for different purposes but I thought it could be useful also this way... am I wrong??? :ninja: