Too much for a Tobias?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Fire-Starter, Nov 6, 2004.

1. Fire-Starter

Fire-Starter Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2002
  2. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer, Builder
    Their asking going rate on the bass. But its not a steal or anything so your not going to see dealer's buying. But as an end customer its a fair price and very nice looking bass!
  3. Not one single bid. I like tobias basses too but that price is a little too optimistic IMO.

Those early tobias basses were so uinque- no two were the same it seems. I have seen prettier ones cheaper. I always liked the ones with the walnut top. They looked so captivating that I was afraid to even hold one. My bass teacher from college had a 5. And that was 1989.

No the sx jazz basses, at 139 clams, no need to try before I buy.
  4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Anybody wanna buy a Nordstrand?:eek:

5. Bassart1

Bassart1 Guest

Jun 26, 2003
    A very good price for the model and vintage even with the few marks on the finish.

That's what my mint Pre-Gibson Basic 6 sold for.
    I sure miss it and unfortunately it was scooped up by a collector in Japan so I'll never see it again.

If I had the spare cash I would be all over this. Looks like a gem.
  6. cbhm

Apr 4, 2003
    Hong Kong
    What do you think of the seller's feedback though? would it be safe to bid because this is an incredebly beautiful bass.
  7. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer, Builder
    He's got 6 feedback, which is fair. If you still want a little more, just e-mail and ask him if he is the original owner and if he has a store or is an individual selling the bass.

That way you can feel out who you are dealing with. Ask for a phone number and call him. Be upfront and honest and just tell him your very interested and just want to make sure everything is legit.
  8. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member