Too much funk?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by SnoMan, Mar 27, 2005.

1. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    Oh man...I have a conundrum. And I don't even know how to spell that word...

I've got one of those nice 3rd paychecks in a month coming know? the one you get once in a blue moon that isn't goign straight into bills.

to the question at hand.

I'm looking at buying some pedals(obviously) and I have three main ones in mind. My problem is. From what I know of the three, they all do basically similar things, just in different ways.

I'm looking at a morley bad horsie wah, a Q-tron and Bassballs.

Basically, I think I need some help getting my gas in order. I think I could get all these soon and at reasonable prices, but since they are all somewhat similar I think I could choose a better direction to go in....and thats where I ask for your help.

I'm also looking at a good tube emulator pedal, either sansamp or EH englishmuffin.

Also a strong distortion like a Pro Co rat 2.

I'm mainly looking at stuff for solo use and down & gritty funk.

Basically, I was adding up the totals for the three pedals I listed above and starting thinking that getting all three of those together may not be the best idea.. so...if any of you could share your thoughts it would be greatly appreciated.
  2. bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    For solo stuff and gritty funk, I would go with the Q-Tron and either an English Muff'n or a USA Big Muff Pi. The BassBalls is a bit of a one trick pony, but the Q-Tron brings the funk in spades. These should give you a good starting point and anything else could be added later, once you have begun to find the tone you are looking for. Good luck.