1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Too Much Head...A GOOD Thing!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Quadzilla, May 2, 2006.

1. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

:smug: :D :hyper: :bassist:

A couple are going bye bye soon(Peavey, BH-260), so I had to get a family shot!

[​IMG]

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I like head too.

3. jeff_bass28

jeff_bass28 Guest

Mar 21, 2006
    Who doesn't?

4. How do you like that NADY wireless (if it is the VHF bass)?
    I bought one a while ago and let's just say it doesn't get much use anymore. :eyebrow:

5. jeff_bass28

jeff_bass28 Guest

Mar 21, 2006
    UHF, I believe.

6. that's what it kind of looked like to me, but the one i bought (MK-2B i believe) looks just like that.

7. jeff_bass28

jeff_bass28 Guest

Mar 21, 2006
    Well...you see where it says "UHF"?
    UHF!
    :p
    lol

8. this should be posted in the "rigs of doom" thread hahah.
    thats alot of awesome heads man. you should figure out a way to hook them all up at the same time, i bet it would be killer.

9. Akami

Akami Four on the floor

Mar 6, 2005
    日本/Alyeska
    I just finished taking a bunch of shots for memory sake the last couple days.
    Switched over to Bose PAS a couple months ago and have them setup on the stage where my ex plays so I took the opportunity to get some pics of the Bose and Bag End pa systems side by side. (When we split I let her keep the Bag End's and I took one of the Carver's and bought some JBL's.)

So while most would opine that it's hard to have too much head, how much for the BH-260?
    :)

10. Quadzilla

Already gone to another TBer (just packed it up). The Peavey ships Friday.

11. Well said, well said. Just for arguements sake, the "V" on my wireless, from a distance, can look a bit like a "U." :meh:

Anywho, nice stuff Mr. Zilla.

12. jeff_bass28

jeff_bass28 Guest

Mar 21, 2006
    I'll admit, it looked a bit fuzzy on my laptop's screen; had to look twice, but it's definitely a U.

13. Quadzilla

It's a U. The V stuff was crap, but I have to admit, I'm impressed with his unit thus far. It also goes down to 25 or 30 HZ (can't remember which right now), so my low B even punches through.

14. Alright students today we will be learning about a disease know as Gear Acquisition Syndrome (GAS) This is what happens to people with GAS:
    Notice the 2 different tube heads, and also two of the same amplifiers. These are the textbook symptoms of GAS. Lets look at a few more examples...

15. Quadzilla

And two of the same tuners... :smug:

16. Akami

Akami Four on the floor

Mar 6, 2005
    日本/Alyeska
    ...and one of the ways GAS will manifest itself is with justifications demonstrated second from top. Yes they are the same amp, but the GAS sufferer actually believes that since a couple knobs are different, that they are different amps!

17. RobertUI

RobertUI Thumper Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2005
    Herndon, VA - NoVa
    wow... simply wow

thanks for giving me something to show my wife when she tells me that i have to much gear!

woohoo, she got tired of seeing Tom Bowlus' page as ammunition

18. I didn't want to embarass you too much...

19. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Fremont, Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Relay baton passed! :D

20. jeff_bass28

jeff_bass28 Guest

Mar 21, 2006
    I understand GAS is actually quite pleasurable for a disease, except for the ill effects on the wallet and the nagging ("You just bought WHAT?") of the afflicted's spouse.

Can we ever hope for a cure? We need a ribbon, what color?
    Anyone wishing to join in the fight against GAS, PM for details on donating to the United Megoto College Fund. All proceeds will be squandered recklessly.