1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

too much?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ABH_bassist, Dec 10, 2006.

1. ABH_bassist

ABH_bassist

Feb 24, 2005
    jax beach fl.
    now im not too experienced with good gear. so help me out.
    currently i run an svt classic through an avatar 4x10 neo.

i am pretty impressed with my tone, but from playing the classic through a better amp, such as the 8x10, i know i can sound better.

my bass just lacks oomph and its more fart through the avatar on the lower notes.

current eq:
    odb input
    gain-3
    bass-6
    mid-7
    mid freq.-2
    treb-7
    master-8

when i play the schecter through it it doesnt do it so much on the lower notes. still not what it could be, but when i play the squier p through it it definatley farts more.

so is there something i can play with as far as eq goes or am i just in need of a fridge?

my tone is very growly, like the driven power section ballsy grrrr, but with bite still in the highs

any ideas a re gretaly appreciated

2. Ale

Ale

Jul 5, 2006
    Europe
    Endorsing Artist: IGiG Cases
    A fridge is IMO not the solution for your problem , i would get a 115 cab instead for giving you that extra bottom , a 810 does not give you that much low end. And its bulky to transport.

3. Probably something more to do with your Squire P's pickup, they tend to make weird noise etc. I suggest you try a new cab if you are unhappy with the low end in the Avatar and see how you go from there.

4. Masher88

Masher88 Believe in absurdities and you commit atrocities

May 7, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    Yeah, try/borrow a different bass, if you can first. just to try to troubleshoot things out. Maybe see if you can try out some new cabs too. I know it's not the amp!!!!;)

My Avatar 4x10 was farting out too, so I got my Schroeder and I still have my 8x10 for the big shows!. I tend to think that the high wattage rating on the Avatars isn't a real world rating. Good for regular volumes and practices, though.

If you can deal with the bulk of the 8x10...man, it's the way to go...the SVT-CL and the 8x10 is pure bliss!