1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Too risky to do this?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by badboy1984, May 11, 2010.

1. badboy1984

badboy1984

Mar 27, 2007
    United Kingdom
    I just saw some Musicman Sub 4 string bass (Active) for sale on ebay. It have buy it now option and the condition look mint too.

I always wanted to get rid of my warwick corvette 4 std (active) and buy the musicman style type of bass. The problem now is i don't have alot of cash flow to buy the bass straight away, so i was wondering shall I just buy the musicman sub on the credit card and off load my warwick corvette to the shop to get the cash back?

The musicman sub is listed as £450 (£25 post). Not sure if i can sell my warwick around £400 to get that cash back. The musicman bass is very tempting tho .......

2. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    or, you could post the Warwick for trade here on TB for a Musicman Sub. Trades happen every day here.

3. badboy1984

badboy1984

Mar 27, 2007
    United Kingdom
    The thing is I live in UK and trades usually don't go outside US because of sending guitar outside the country ........

4. funk generator

funk generator Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Johnson City, TN
    Id say sell the warwick first and if the SUB is gone then keep an eye on the classifieds here.

5. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    I'm sure there's Musicman basses in the UK. If nothing else, it's worth a shot to try.

6. badboy1984

badboy1984

Mar 27, 2007
    United Kingdom
    their are musicman bass, but they cost alot more in UK even second hand. Maybe a few Stingray with low cost pop up someimes, but musicman sub is rare to see in UK these days. 3 pop up in ebay at the moment.

7. badboy1984

badboy1984

Mar 27, 2007
    United Kingdom
    i think i really need to sit down and think this .......... because no point to sell the bass quick for really cheap to cover the cash flow ....

8. Jones_Stuff

Jones_Stuff

Nov 26, 2009
    Leicester, UK
    Not to be a traitor to my beloved TB, but www.basschat.co.uk has a similar trade feature on their forums, trades happen there everyday but inside the UK.

9. badboy1984

badboy1984

Mar 27, 2007
    United Kingdom
    didn't know we got a forum in uk for bass.

10. badboy1984

badboy1984

Mar 27, 2007
    United Kingdom
    i been offer a deal,

my Warwick Corvette + $450 for a Musicman Sterling 4 string.

Is it worth it?