Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Took a Chance and it Paid Off!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by HiFi, Nov 12, 2004.

1. HiFi

HiFi

Apr 20, 2002
    Anaheim, CA
    I took a chance on Ebay based on this picture...

[​IMG]

...some broad information, and the seller's feedback rating. It definitely paid off. It appears to be a '62 reissue which I wasn't sure if it was or not and I got it at a great price. The picture does NO justice whatsoever. Just thought I'd post since it's been awhile and I am pretty stoked.

2. HiFi

HiFi

Apr 20, 2002
    Anaheim, CA
    By the way, it's an '86 or '87 MIJ.

3. Good catch. You just gotta love those Japanese Fenders. I've got 2 and would stack them against most anything Fender has built in the last 30 years.

4. PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog

Aug 25, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Great Looking P-Bass, Great Color Also.

5. raycer

raycer

Mar 22, 2004
    Orange County, NY
    sweet p bass

6. at this point i have to commend the moderators and others for their nearly fanatic efforts to prevent people from using the pejorative J** abbreviation for japanese. whether we actually spell the entire word or use MIJ or CIJ, it's so much more sophisticated and comfortable around here since people understand the community standard.

thanks, TB!

robb.

7. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Ah yes, i agree. I never referred to them in that fashion and when i saw other people do it, oye.

8. Great bass. I'm never to sure about ebay though, not just the quality but people with 2 accounts bidding on their own items.

9. HiFi

HiFi

Apr 20, 2002
    Anaheim, CA
    Agree. I have seen people do it before and it's pretty pathetic. I am pretty careful myself and paid much less than I probably would have been willing to.

I figured mostly I would share a positive experience since so many have had negative experiences.

10. Nice, good score man!