Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Took back the "sting" & SCORED!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by superfly, Oct 8, 2004.

1. superfly

superfly

Aug 4, 2004
    As posted in an earlier thread my 1 week old "sting" bass was making some creaking noises in the neck. So I decided to take it back to GC for a refund. No problem. Got my $500 back. On the way home I stopped by a "mom and pop" music store that I sometimes visit. I had no intention of buying anything, just looking. I noticed a G&L ASAT bass hanging on the wall. I must not have noticed it in the past. I figured "nice" but $1000+ was just not in my reality. I couldn't see the price, so I asked. The salesmans reply was "oh, all our G&L are on clearance right now. All new,nothing wrong, but they have just been hanging there too long". "That ASAT is $650, and includes a case". I picked it off the wall, gave it a once over and said "I'll take it". Anyway to make a long story short its a G&L ASAT bass, solid black with wood binding on the body, matching black headstock and a rosewood fretboard. Sounds incredible. Any tips or advice from fellow ASAT owners is welcomed.

2. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    PICS!!!!!
    and Congrats!!

3. jongor

jongor Supporting Member

Jan 11, 2003
    Maine
    What's the name of that store? ;)

4. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    Do they have any more? ;)

5. $650 for a new G&L ASAT? I just went to Musiciansfriend, and there's a butterscotch blonde ASAT there for $1387.50 !!! :eek:

You got the deal of the year, my friend! :cool:

Good luck with her. ;)

Mike

6. Scottie Johnson

Scottie Johnson

Sep 8, 2004
    That is a deal 10 times over. With the wood binding and matching headstock, what was a great deal is increased 10 fold. It sounds sweet. Oh by the way, I am a fellow ASAT owner. Butterscotch Blonde, finished neck, matching headstock, vintage case. It cost twice what yours did. Enjoy one of the greatest deals ever. :bassist:

7. Hella_Groovy

Hella_Groovy

Aug 31, 2004
    Richmond Va
    Excellent score! Any pics?

8. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Ferndale MI.
    Artist: Xotic Basses/AccuGroove
    Umm...yeah, cough up the name of the store man!!!!!