Took delivery of my Schroeder 1210...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by CaptainWally, Aug 13, 2005.

1. CaptainWally

CaptainWally Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2000
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    When I ordered the cab, my intention was to replace two SWR Goliath Jrs. with the 1210. I was looking for a single cab with lots of cut, as the scooped sound of SWR was making it hard for me to hear myself in the mix. I use a Modulus Flea 4 and an Ashdown ABM500. I received the 1210 yesterday and so far my impressions are:

- Jorg is a cool guy to deal with

- Cabinet was really well packed (undamaged as far as I've seen)

- Top notch construction

- Seems loud, but I haven't been able to put it through it's paces yet

- I was a little disappointed by the weight. The estimated weight as listed on website was 47lbs., and mine comes in at 56lbs (according to my crappy bathroom scale). While 56 isn't bad, I was really looking for to 47 :)

- My impression of the sound so far is favorable:

- More "agressive" than "sweet", though not harsh
    - Tweeter is nice! (SWR sucks)
    - Seems like an emphasis on the lower-mids
    - More "focused" than "open"
    - I think I heard what has been called the "drone", but for me the point is very moot; you won't hear that in the mix

I seems like this should cut through the mix really well, but I'll post when I get to try it in a band context. I'm hoping/thinking this cab should work great :hyper:

2. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    nice wally,

good to hear a straight up answer, without having to wade thru the mega thread... :cool:
  3. Masher88

Masher88 Believe in absurdities and you commit atrocities

May 7, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    Let us know how it performs in a band situation. What kind of music do you play? And what kind of guitar amps are you battleing?
  4. Believe me ... this cab cuts. Congrats.