Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Took delivery of my Schroeder 1210...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by CaptainWally, Aug 13, 2005.

1. CaptainWally

CaptainWally Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2000
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    When I ordered the cab, my intention was to replace two SWR Goliath Jrs. with the 1210. I was looking for a single cab with lots of cut, as the scooped sound of SWR was making it hard for me to hear myself in the mix. I use a Modulus Flea 4 and an Ashdown ABM500. I received the 1210 yesterday and so far my impressions are:

- Jorg is a cool guy to deal with

- Cabinet was really well packed (undamaged as far as I've seen)

- Top notch construction

- Seems loud, but I haven't been able to put it through it's paces yet

- I was a little disappointed by the weight. The estimated weight as listed on website was 47lbs., and mine comes in at 56lbs (according to my crappy bathroom scale). While 56 isn't bad, I was really looking for to 47 :)

- My impression of the sound so far is favorable:

- More "agressive" than "sweet", though not harsh
    - Tweeter is nice! (SWR sucks)
    - Seems like an emphasis on the lower-mids
    - More "focused" than "open"
    - I think I heard what has been called the "drone", but for me the point is very moot; you won't hear that in the mix

I seems like this should cut through the mix really well, but I'll post when I get to try it in a band context. I'm hoping/thinking this cab should work great :hyper:

Cheers!

2. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    nice wally,

good to hear a straight up answer, without having to wade thru the mega thread... :cool:

3. Masher88

Masher88 Believe in absurdities and you commit atrocities

May 7, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    Let us know how it performs in a band situation. What kind of music do you play? And what kind of guitar amps are you battleing?

4. Believe me ... this cab cuts. Congrats.