Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Took home a Spector NS-JH5........to Try

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Rockbobmel, Jul 5, 2004.

1. Rockbobmel

Rockbobmel Supporting Member

I can get this bass for $1,199. if I want. I have been playing the thing for some time and I am impressed. It has a place right in between my F bass(sort of) and my Thumb BO5(more like). It is very crisp and clear sounding. It has a little neck dive and string spacing is narrow. I like the growl, but it is not as prounounced as the Thumb. It can go in humbucking, but not as full as the F. The F sounds MUCH more organic sounding, but that dont matter much at full vol. I like it a lot, but I have to weigh these things. 1) I already have the sounds and feel of this bass between both my basses. 2) I cant do both well, just in the middle. 3) It will cost me 1200 clams. 4) will I have to devorce one of my basses? 5) If one of my basses is down for repair, I have a backup right there..........Oh, man this is crazy......What's wrong with me..??? :crying:

2. it sounds like you are kinda in the middle on this, like it seems like a good bass and you like it, but in the big picture it is not impressing you a whole lot.

the only thing I can say is that there are a lot of other kinds of basses out there, don't let the fact that it is a spector NS talk you into buying it just to have it. spectors are not for everyone. but if you really do like the bass then don't second guess yourself, that seems like a fair price and those are real solid instruments. just do what feels right.

3. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    G.A.S. :bassist: