Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Took out a patella tonite

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by hexbass, Jan 15, 2006.

1. Short version; tight space after 3 sets to load out, the dj is on after we are and its like a girls gone wild, I warn this idiot that I'm loading out in a tight space and he looks at me like I'm speaking swahili, so just when I'm swinging off my crown micro tech (about 50 lbs with the case) from about 4 feet up, he moves right in front of me and locks his leg which is at the bottom of my arc, it just hit his patella head on and his leg didn't move back. sounded like a slowly bent butterfinger bar, I think I could hear stuff rip. :bassist:

2. THAT is the most descriptive passage I've read in recent memory.

It makes me shudder :bawl:

3. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA

Good for you! I've been a terror to shins for many a year. You only get warned once to get the hell out of my way at 1am when I am loading out to head home. You wanna block the doorway? Fine. Then you apparently also want to walk around with bruises on your lower extremities. :bassist:

4. Phil Mastro

Phil Mastro

Nov 18, 2004
    Montréal
    Not knowing what a patella was, I thought you were talking about audio equipment (i.e. Eden head, SWR head, Patella head...)

Good job, show those mothers who the real musicmen are.

5. I've had knee problems for as long as I can remember, so that post made me cringe!:bawl:
    However, it is his fault for not listening.

6. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    lol, and ***?

7. dharma

dharma Srubby wubbly

Oct 14, 2005
    Monroe, Louisiana
    If he can't walk right now, let's hope the guy recovers soon, for your sake, or you'll need to get yourself a lawyer.

8. Phil Mastro

Phil Mastro

Nov 18, 2004
    Montréal
    I hope nobody thought I was serious about being proud of injuring people.

Although I do believe people do get what they deserve, especially if multiple notifications have no impact on their behaviour.

9. dharma

dharma Srubby wubbly

Oct 14, 2005
    Monroe, Louisiana
    Oh no, I totally get it, you'd be a monster if you delighted in hurting people like that.

Still, keep an ear and an eye on that guy. If he gets a mind to, he can make your life a living hell if you seriously hurt him, accidently or purposefully.

10. Bassic83

Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    Shoulda finished him off while you could! No plaintiff, no lawsuit!;) :D

11. +1 to that. I'm sure a cab to the head while he was on the ground would have eliminated any legal threats.

12. Mach1FT

Mach1FT

Jan 5, 2006
    Manchester NH
    Reminds me of the night this sissy sax player sat in "sat in? I dont remember asking him" with our band and he kept backing up into me, I pretty much told him to f*** **f and get away from me.. well eugene was in the middle of a solo as I turned to adjust my amp and WOOOPPS!!! my long scale modulus clocked him right in the back of the head.. :D not sure what song he was playing after that but it was out of key :D :D :hyper: :spit: