Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Took the plunge...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by DeepCalls2Deep, Jan 26, 2006.

1. DeepCalls2Deep

DeepCalls2Deep

Jun 25, 2005
    East Texas
    I mailed my check to Jorg Schroeder today....

Hopefully I will have my new 1210 in about 3 weeks :bassist:

2. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    4 or 8 ohms?

I hope you like it. I played a 4ohm model with the band at church in a Light rock type setting, but about 100-105 dbC. it sounded great with the band as far as I'm concerned.

I'm not usually interested in a super-full fat bass sound with the band, but rather a good cut-through, yet full tone, kinda like a good live recording of a bass with the band.

3. dave_bass5

dave_bass5

May 28, 2004
    London, UK.
    Mines on order as well
    jorg said its ready to ship, just waiting for funds to clear.
    Cant wait

Dave.

4. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY

Last I heard, the 1210 only comes in 4ohms...

Deep, you're going to be the envy of all the other pirates on the ship. Talk about booty.

5. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    the 1210 doesn't specify, but the 1212 says 4 or 8. the 1210 I played was bought, I think, more than 6 months ago. I assumed it was louder than the 8ohm version which I was not able to try since my friend only had the one.

6. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    the 1210 doesn't specify, but the 1212 says 4 or 8. the 1210 I played was bought, I think, more than 6 months ago. I assumed it was louder than the 8ohm version which I was not able to try since my friend only had the one.

7. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    The reason the specs for the 1210 doesn't specify 4 or 8 is because it only comes in 4ohm. I've talked previously with Jorg Schroeder about this when I was originally looking at buying one. The volume thing isn't really an issue anyway, as with the 1212 there's no difference in volume between the 2 cabs. I purchased the 8ohm 1212 for the flexibility to use it with a second cab if I needed one in the future.