1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

tool - 10,000 days listening party this morning

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by beyondhairy, Apr 1, 2006.

1. i heard about this yesturday on www.toolshed.down.net

it was this morning (april 1st) at 11am at 4 different locations around the world, 2 in the US, one in NY and one in california
    and each member of the band would be at each location to hit the play button

im in NY but i didnt go, for a couple of reasons..

1)too early
    2)the lines probably started last night because it was a 500 person limit
    3) its april fools and tool is known to fool with their fans

if anybody actually went to any of the 4 can u let me know if it was real and how the album was? :)

another 31 days till the album is released :)

2. OH MAN!!! im in such a bad mood..

i was at the mall and i walked into the timewarner store and i went on line to check if they announced the listening party being an april fools joke and i read that it wasnt and i flipped out.. i smashed the keyboard and screamed out FORK!!!

not only was it NOT a joke but Justin Chancellor was at NY.... for those of you who arent tool fans, hes the bass player.

im in such a bad mood AAARRGGG!!!

3. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    If that was april fools that would have been hilarious.

4. Sure would be.

5. man, it better be an april fools joke, or else id be really dissapinted, it wasnt on toolband.com at all, just toolshed, but according to them it was announced even before that but i dont know where, and according to toolshed, only like 100 kids showed up, wich is another reason why i think it was an april fools joke, because if after 5 years there is a new tool album listening party then im sure more people from over the US would have driven all night to hear it and have a chance to meet a band member.

i dunno, i guess i will have to wait till tomorow to hear them say "APRIL FOOLS!" nor not..

i think id be less upset if i missed it cuz i didnt know about it rather then missing up and knowing about it and being too stupid to not atleast check it out.

6. I too hope it was an april fools joke.

7. [04/02/06] - April Fools!

Well, well, well. April Fools' Day has come and gone again. There were in fact no listening parties for the new record in cities across the world. Some fell for it, some scoffed, but it seems overall a good time was had by all trying to figure out just what the heck was going on. A full wrap-up will be posted here shortly. Happy April! ยง
    [Posted by Kabir]

those basatrds!!